liv6 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 4:53am
post #1 of

Hi everyone,

I need some ideas for the writing i'm going to be putting on my boyfriend's valentines day cake. This year i'm designing a round cake as a target and will be putting a handgun shaped cake on top of it. (Trust me he will think it's romantic.)
I was thinking something like "You Blow Me Away" but I kinda hope he doesn't do so icon_biggrin.gif So now i'm stuck.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

11 replies
Michelle104 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:06am
post #2 of

Hey Newbie! icon_biggrin.gif Me too! I have a brother in law who works for browning winchester and he would think that was sooo romantic too! I'll ask him in the morning about some ideas for sayings and I'll get back to you! I know him and my husband will be able to come up with something! How are you gonna make the gun? Do you have a molded cake pan? Michelle

fronklowes Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #3 of

I don't have a saying for you, but I have an idea that maybe someone else can springboard off of:

Isn't there a love song that talks about when "smoke gets in your eyes..." something like that?

Maybe there's some sort of "smoky" saying you could use?

SweetResults Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 6:09pm
post #4 of

Pull my trigger baby

Cocked and ready for your love

I Aim to Please

Shot Thru The Heart and You're to Blame (Bon Jovi)

I've got you in my sites

You pull the trigger of my Love Gun (courtesy of "Love Gun" written by KISS)

You are the target of my love

mrsw Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 6:21pm
post #5 of

I see what you mean (my hubby would love that) How about Our LOVE is ... Right on Target or BULLSEYE. I've got you in my sites - sounds very sniperesqe(is that a word?) Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Rebecca

jcakes17 Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 10:16pm
post #6 of

VERY good ideas sweet.

liv6 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:17am
post #7 of

thanks for all the great ideas, i'll have a difficult time narrowing it down to one!!

NikkiDoc Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:21am
post #8 of

LOL those are good ideas and very funny Sweet Results! icon_twisted.gif

Chef_Stef Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:32am
post #9 of

You could use

"you had me at hello..." icon_lol.gif lol

mmffpphh!

I'd think I could come up with something--my dad was a gunsmith; I grew up target shooting...but I've had the flu for two days and I can't think that hard.

KrisD13 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:39am

Hmmmm......those are really good ideas for sayings...I think I will use one myself. I'm always telling my b/f that he's "always in my sights". We play an online WW2 game every Friday. icon_razz.gif

NikkiDoc Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:38am

When pricing cake, remember my Mom's rule: Try taking 150 guests in formal wedding attire to a nice restaurant for dessert, and see if you can get them all a piece of fresh, decadent, custom-designed cake for less than $3.00 a serving...!

I love this quote of yours, homecook. It is something for us all to keep in mind...especially all of us newbies who are working toward a career in cakes!

katy625 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:15am
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Pull my trigger baby

Cocked and ready for your love

I Aim to Please

Shot Thru The Heart and You're to Blame (Bon Jovi)

I've got you in my sites

You pull the trigger of my Love Gun (courtesy of "Love Gun" written by KISS)

You are the target of my love

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!hahahahahah!!! OMG that is hilarious! Cocked and ready for your love!!!!!!!! You are soo funny!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%