What Is This Cake Design Called?

Decorating By mena2002 Updated 11 Apr 2014 , 1:48am by mena2002

mena2002 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, does anyone know what the design on the side of this cake is called? And how could you recreate it without cutters? TIA

4 replies
Annie8 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 8:38pm
post #2 of 5

I believe it's called damask.  There are cutters, but there are also stencils that can be used to make this design.  You put the stencil around the cake and use royal icing or an airbrush on it to get the design. 

Gingerlocks Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 5

Stencils or you can also get onlays..both are about the same price so its what you'd be most comfortable with. 

acakedecorator Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 8:51pm
post #4 of 5

It is called damask, as Annie said. You can use a stencil and just use buttercream for the whole thing. Here is a youtube video showing it being done:

mena2002 Posted 11 Apr 2014 , 1:48am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%