Cricut Cake

Decorating By Lorabell Updated 10 Apr 2014 , 3:44pm by lcubed83

Lorabell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorabell Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 3:28am
post #1 of 10

Just curious if anyone is using this system or is there something better?

9 replies
lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 4:40am
post #2 of 10

I was so excited to get this when they first came out.  Unfortunately, my failure rate is much higher than my success rate.  

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 4:41am
post #3 of 10

AThey no longer make it. I use the silhouette cameo with a blade by Linda Mclure designed for gumpaste. It's great! Takes a bit of time and patience to work with it but once you figure it all out it's limitless

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 5:09am
post #4 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcubed83 

I was so excited to get this when they first came out.  Unfortunately, my failure rate is much higher than my success rate.  

Here's a recently posted video tutorial that might help:

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 7:11am
post #6 of 10

A

Original message sent by cazza1

[URL=http://cakecentral.com/u/667070/lcubed83]lcubed83 look up Linda McClures gumpaste for cricut machine recipe on google.  I don't have any problems when I use this, roll it out, and let it sit for and hour or so in a bag.[/URL]

Yes yes yes. This gumpaste is great for cutting. Also, get the cricut deep cut blade. I like that gumpaste so much I use it all the time

lcubed83 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganchampagne 

Yes yes yes. This gumpaste is great for cutting. Also, get the cricut deep cut blade. I like that gumpaste so much I use it all the time

I have a Deep cut blade, but it doesn't seem to fit the Cricut Cake machine.  I know some people use it for the regular cricut.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:39pm
post #8 of 10

I only cut modeling chocolate in my Cricut and I find that it cuts best when cold and firm.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 2:04pm
post #9 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcubed83 

I have a Deep cut blade, but it doesn't seem to fit the Cricut Cake machine.  I know some people use it for the regular cricut.

The Cricut cake machine has a different blade housing than the regular Cricut machines. You can use the deep cut blade housing unit with the deep cut blade in the Cricut Cake machine. The Cricut Cake is no longer being sold, so you may have to go to ebay to find replacement blades.

lcubed83 Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 3:44pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks for this info!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%