How Much Can I Prize A Fondant 10 Inch Square Cake?

Decorating By mercybee Updated 12 Apr 2014 , 7:44pm by mercybee

mercybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mercybee Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 3:13am
post #1 of 6

AI bake from home and lately have been getting many cake orders but I am horrible at charging ! Help! I don't want to keep selling myself short lol... I just got this order for a cake,10 inch square cake, buttercream filling , fondant , two layers...any suggestions would be great ! Thanx:) [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3218893/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

5 replies
JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 3:31am
post #2 of 6

If you do a search on How to Price cakes on the CC homepage you will find a ton of info on this subject :)

vpenkuhn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vpenkuhn Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 6

CC really needs a 'like' button ;-D

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 6

I would probably charge about $200 US. That's a lovely cake and design! Usually everyone who wants soccer cakes wants a darn 3d soccer ball - i hate doing those. This is a beautiful way to go. Love it!

Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 11 Apr 2014 , 4:47am
post #5 of 6

AIt really depends in the area you are in and how good your cakes are. If you don't know how much to charge you can always charge by the slice to make it easy. So say a cake feds 56 then 56x$3 for example. Of course you have to come up with what your cakes are worth per slice. Remember to charge more for fondant then buttercream too. I have seen cakes prices from.$.97¢ (walmart) to $18.00 a slice. I'm sure big city's can charge more then a small town. You will find you will need to adjust your prices at some point. Hope this helps :-)

mercybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mercybee Posted 12 Apr 2014 , 7:44pm
post #6 of 6

AThank you so much for all ur tips and help really appreciate it!!:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%