What Are These Little Balls Called In These Little Cups?

Decorating By sarascakecreations Updated 10 Apr 2014 , 1:39am by sarascakecreations

sarascakecreations Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 10


So I follow a few bakeries on Instagram but don't want to come right out and ask them... As to not offend them I would just like to know how to so it myself. What are these little balls in these mini cups below? I want to have some on my daughters table for her birthday but I have no idea what it's called or where to buy it for that matter. If it helps I am in Ontario Canada so if anyone knows where to buy that would be great! I just don't know if it's chocolate, or candy or ice cream or what?..

Thanks in advance


9 replies
Rudd Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 10

I think they are candy coated chocolate balls. They have them in Party City (a party store here in the States) in all different colors & I've even seen them in Walmart in baking aisle. Not sure where you would get them in Canada though.

Sassyzan Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 10


as you wish Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 10

AI am in Ontario, too. I order stuff from either Golda's Kitchen or Flour Confections; they both have what you are looking for.



Edit: Just noticed you are in Toronto. You could pretty easily go to Golda's Kitchen to get them and save the shipping cost. Their store is in Mississauga.

hammer1 Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 10

ALooks like freeze dried ice cream balls to me...neopolitan flavors

jchuck Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 11:45pm
post #8 of 10

AThink they are little candy dragees. I'm in Ontario, also, Burlington. I just bought some at Bulk Barn last week. They come in several colours. Green, white, pink, etc.

sarascakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 12:55am
post #9 of 10

AThanks everyone for your input.

I don't think they are the candy coated chocolate balls because at one table they are served with a spoon, and well I don't think you can just bite into a mouth fills of candy balls.

They may be little ice cream frozen balls however the only thing I have seen similar to that is called dippin dots and they are much tinier?... Unless someone has seen balls a tad larger than dippin dots?

As you wish .... I think you may be right, do you think they are the 'crispearls' at Golda's kitchen?

I have shopped at mccalls, goldas(online), and flower confections but I've only ever seen the candy balls.

What do you think?

sarascakecreations Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 1:39am
post #10 of 10

AThe reason I'm thinking its those from Golda's kitchen is because in the description it says its a cereal crunch type center covered in chocolate. And I definately think you can take a small bite of those! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%