Covering The Box

Decorating By lovelaced Updated 9 Apr 2014 , 2:03am by howsweet

lovelaced Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 6

AI'm making my first paid three layer (not tiered) 9 inch round cake. I guess my main concern is that the round cake is going into a square box which is obviously brown inside. I would like a better presentation than just a cake in a box. Should I place the cake on a covered square cake board to match the size of the box? Or go with the round board and cover the bottom of the box? Any input would be great!

5 replies
AZCouture Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 6

I like rounds on square boards, it can look adorable. I'd definitely pretty up the board, but I'm not so concerned with boxes, as long as they're clean and not damaged. And new obviously, not random boxes, but actual cake boxes.Brown inside? Meh....wouldn't bother me.

howsweet Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 6

AMaybe I don't understand the question, but I routinely put round cakes in square boxes . If there's any give, I cut a piece of that non skid cabinet liner stuff.

MBalaska Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 6

It's certainly easier to get your fingers under the round cake plate in the square box, so that you can pick it up.  However,The look of the inside of the box is fairly irrelevant as the eye will be focused on the look of the cake.   Good Luck,

AZCouture Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 6

A[@]howsweet[/@], I believe the OP is asking whether a round tier looks ok on a square drum. Well...that part of the question anyways.

howsweet Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 2:03am
post #6 of 6

Ohhh... I see. I don't routinely do that, but I think it would look really cute. But decorated, like you said. I keep square drums in all sizes, but I have a bad habit of forgetting I have them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%