Chocolate Help

Decorating By smile22 Updated 8 Apr 2014 , 6:11pm by virago

smile22 Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 2

i finally got a chocolate melter for christmas the wilton one. and i only used it once to make truffles but i used store bought morsels the ghardelli kind but chocolate did not melt thin and it was a hassle

 

 

this time i am making a large amount of cake pops i went to the local supply store and got some merkins white chocolate melts and some candy coloring. I have not used merkins melts in a long time and when i did i used the microwave method. but that was a few years ago so i am not sure on the thinness of it

 

 

with the melter i would melt the chocolate and then leave it on warm? or would i keep it on high even when i am dipping?

 

i used to use the microwave method and lower the heating temp but my chocolate always seezed up and it never worked out for me.

 

 

any tips to get it thin so it coats right on.

1 reply
virago Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 2

you should NOT leave the melter on high the whole time...high temperature should be used only to melt the chocolate/confectionary coating, then temperature is maintained under "warm" setting while dipping.

 

FYI, instructions for using wilton chocolate melter found here...

http://www.wilton.com/downloads/productinstructions/2104-9004_meltingpotinstructions.pdf 

 

get yourself some paramount crystals...these will fix fluidity issues from old or over heated chocolate/confectionary coating...sprinkle a few flakes into melted chocolate, stir until incorporated, repeat until thinned to dipping consistency.

 

there are many places to order paramount crystals, below link is just one...

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/food-items/paramount-crystals/46/593/794/619061/

 

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%