Need Advice About Canceling Cake Order Due To Emergency.

Business By CubasCakes Updated 9 Apr 2014 , 5:46am by EdieBabe

Rudd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rudd Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:22pm
post #31 of 60

The nerve of some people! Tell that lady (if you can call her that) to shove it where the sun don't shine. I can not believe after you have told her your situation that she is still acting like that. Please oh please let costumeczar respond to her mean messages (I've been a long time lurker & fan of her wit). Hugs & prayers to you & your daughter!

Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:27pm
post #32 of 60

This woman obviously has issues, and it's not your job to fix them. Next time, be strong and stick to your own rules--the quote is good for 30 days only. My experience has been that the more you give, the more this type of person pushes. Ask someone else to block her for you. I know when I am extremely stressed, I can't remember how to do the simplest things. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:32pm
post #33 of 60

AI'm with AnnieCahill! Or send her an email with a link to this thread so she can see what normal, decent human beings think of her.

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:36pm
post #34 of 60

I say let Kara, Annie and Godot join together for an appropriate reply to this inappropriate woman. I can not imagine anyone being so selfish and insensitive. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:43pm
post #35 of 60

AWow. This customer is a real piece of work! Hope your daughter recovers quickly and that others don't add any more stress to your life!

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 4:54pm
post #36 of 60

While I second, third, etc what everyone else is saying, I do want to add my prayers for your daughter and your whole family.  Hugs from here too! 

Best,

Theresa

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 5:08pm
post #37 of 60

I am like you in that I feel guilty for anything negative I might send to people.  But there comes a point where you have to look at the big picture.  This woman expects you to put her family (sons) before your own and that is just all kinds of wrong.  She obviously wouldn't do the same if she was in the same situation.  You need to ignore her messages and be thankful you turned her away because she sounds like she will be a big problem if you did go through with the order.

I have recently announced to my customers I will be taking the end of the year off to reevaluate and spend some much needed time with my family.  All of my customers have been very supportive.  Family first - always!

emarcomd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emarcomd Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 6:15pm
post #38 of 60

Wow.  I didn't know that Satan ordered cakes.  You would think they'd just melt what with those molten rivers of lava and all.

We're all wishing you strength during this time.  And you can tell Satan to **** off and go buy a sheet cake at Walmart.

emarcomd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emarcomd Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 6:16pm
post #39 of 60

Quote:

Or send her an email with a link to this thread so she can see what normal, decent human beings think of her.

BRAVO!  Hear, hear!

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 6:30pm
post #40 of 60

'cuz cake is the most important thing in life?

block her. you don't need the aggravation. 

sending you my positive intentions for your daughter's rapid and successful recovery. for why else do we work? to live. 

sending you lots of loving, healing thoughts. 

jennifer 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 8:07pm
post #41 of 60

Brain tumors are nothing to fool around with. I happen to have known a pastor who died of one. As I recall, the local UMC bishop officiated at his funeral.

That you were kind enough, and professional enough, to be willing to do the cake anyway, with a price increase that was entirely reasonable for a customer who had allowed the quote to go stale, is commendable. That the customer expected you, in the midst of a hardship, to honor a stale quote, is completely uncalled-for, and about all she deserves at this point would be a box mix and a pound of powdered sugar.

basketpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basketpam Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 8:38pm
post #42 of 60

Since this woman is someone who thinks SHE always deserves special treatment and doesn't need the same rules as others, AND she apparently has some sort of hearing disorder or hearing problem and won't listen to what you say to her, I would sacriface the $5 or $6 dollars and send this woman a VERY polite but very firm letter stating that you regret to inform her that you will NOT be doing any orders for ANY person due to the medical emergency in your home and you had this information posted on your website and despite this you tried to accomodate her but found unable to do so due to the large amount of time your PATIENT requires (it's OK to lie or make up something here) but that you feel it would be best if she found another bakery to handle her order.  She always wants to feel as though she's receiving special attention, well receiving a certified letter from a cake decorator is certainly that.  I doubt very much you have to go to such steps for any other idiot out there.  You don't have to deal with her in person and from this point on block her email address and block her telephone numbers.  God bless the person who invented caller ID and the ability to block annoying numbers.  If it were me and she wouldn't take the hint or "get it" when you came right out and told her, that's what I would do.  

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 9:17pm
post #43 of 60

Why stop at Certified Mail?

If Certified Mail is an axe-handle, Registered Mail is an 8' 2x4.

And Return Receipt Requested is a few rusty nails.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 9:27pm
post #44 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Why stop at Certified Mail?

If Certified Mail is an axe-handle, Registered Mail is an 8' 2x4.

And Return Receipt Requested is a few rusty nails.

Pfft, just let me email her and I'll take care of it! :twisted:

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 9:48pm
post #45 of 60

I speak from personal experience. People who will completely ignore any other form of communication (or at least, any other form of communication short of assault and battery) will sit up and take notice if they receive a polite, but vitriolic, Registered letter. And even straight-vanilla Certified will take away their plausible deniability about having received it.

Mimimakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mimimakescakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 9:58pm
post #46 of 60

So sorry to hear about your daughter, I have been through having a brain tumor removed and I know how tough it is , I actually think it was harder on my family than me . My heart goes out to you .  I pray she will have a full recovery. To give you a little hope , my tumor is what led me to cake decorating , it started as a kind of therapy and has ended up changing my life for the better. 

feuerrader24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feuerrader24 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 10:29pm
post #47 of 60

AI'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. Our family friend recently experienced a similar tragedy and it is not easy. This is time in your life when you need to devote your energy to your daughter because she is the only one who matters at this point. If a customer cannot understand that your CHILD is ill and takes precedence over her cake, then I truly pity her poor, uncaring soul. You responded kindly to her, explained your situation (which, I don't think you need to explain as you have the right to cancel), offered a back-up plan.....all I can say is BLOCK the horrible waste of space on Facebook, block her number, and block her email. Totally uncalled for and you do not deserve to have people harassing you at a time like this. Prayers to your family and daughter for a quick recovery.

CubasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CubasCakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 10:52pm
post #48 of 60

AThank you for making me laugh. I needed that.

CubasCakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 10:57pm
post #49 of 60

AThank you for sharing that with me & I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. I keep trying to convince my daughter that things will get better with time but I know it's hard to understand at that age especially. Everytime I hear a positive story of someone else that has been through it, I make sure to tell her.

CubasCakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 10:59pm
post #50 of 60

A

Original message sent by Mimimakescakes

So sorry to hear about your daughter, I have been through having a brain tumor removed and I know how tough it is , I actually think it was harder on my family than me . My heart goes out to you .  I pray she will have a full recovery. To give you a little hope , my tumor is what led me to cake decorating , it started as a kind of therapy and has ended up changing my life for the better. 

Thank you for sharing that with me & I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. I keep trying to convince my daughter that things will get better with time but I know it's hard to understand at that age especially. Everytime I hear a positive story of someone else that has been through it, I make sure to tell her. ReplyQuote Multi

CubasCakes Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 11:00pm
post #51 of 60

A

Original message sent by emarcomd

Wow.  I didn't know that Satan ordered cakes.  You would think they'd just melt what with those molten rivers of lava and all.

We're all wishing you strength during this time.  And you can tell Satan to **** off and go buy a sheet cake at Walmart.

Thank you for that. I needed a laugh.

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 11:02pm
post #52 of 60

ACubascakes- You can't fix stupid! Sorry for the extra stress she's causing you with her exaggerated sense of entitlement! That being said- sending lots of hugs, prayers and positive thoughts for you and your family❤️ Nancy

Siany01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siany01 Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 11:04pm
post #53 of 60

ALaughing is good. Good for the heart and soul.

One thing I've learned is generally people are good and kind, in these days of lack of community it's easy to forget that, when one nasty person comes along, particularly if that's at a time you are vulnerable, people are generally nice, kind and good.

This person is the minority. There is more good than bad out there you just hear of the bad more often.

Good health to you and your daughter x

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 7 Apr 2014 , 11:06pm
post #54 of 60

Sending you ((((((((HUGS AND PRAYERS)))))))) CubasCakes, May God bless and keep you and your family.

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 8 Apr 2014 , 8:46pm
post #55 of 60

I'll be praying for your daughter and your family.

Just this week, I went through a huge healthcare scare with my husband.  We believed that we were facing a diagnosis of lung cancer and were preparing for the long haul.  While awaiting final results, I realized that I had 3 cakes on the books that would need to be cancelled.  I was prepared to tell people that I was sorry, that the cakes were cancelled, and that I wished them the best with their event--PERIOD.  Happily, the diagnosis is a treatable fungal infection and we're hoping for quick improvement and full recovery.

My family comes FIRST, no one can guilt me into anything when I've decided that my family needs me, and if anyone gave me an iota of trouble about the decision I made, I would write them off and I'd never do ANYTHING for them ever again.

That woman saw your concern as weakness and she decided to try to exploit it.  Forget it and forget HER.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 1:44am
post #56 of 60

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl 

Brain tumors are nothing to fool around with. I happen to have known a pastor who died of one. As I recall, the local UMC bishop officiated at his funeral.

That you were kind enough, and professional enough, to be willing to do the cake anyway, with a price increase that was entirely reasonable for a customer who had allowed the quote to go stale, is commendable. That the customer expected you, in the midst of a hardship, to honor a stale quote, is completely uncalled-for, and about all she deserves at this point would be a box mix and a pound of powdered sugar.

This thread was started by the MOTHER of a 13year old girl who has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour.     You take the prize as the MOST insensitive MORON on earth   -  I really didnt want to HIGHLIGHT what you wrote, I was hoping that perhaps it had slipped past her.... but I just CAN'T

You NEED to realise what you wrote was WRONG !    It serves no purpose to the conversation at all - EVERYBODY has been positive and uplifting - sending prayers and well wishes.....    WHAT possessed you to write what you did ?

and for goodness sake.... WHY????   just WHY?

I feel like I want to reach through the screen and give you an all-mighty WHACK across the head !  

RubinaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubinaD Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 2:24am
post #57 of 60

Sending you many hugs and prayers! I am sure your daughter will make a full recovery having a wonderful mom like you! Take care of your daughter.  Don't give this woman another ounce of your time she is not worth it, I feel sorry for her too, but karma will make it's way around back at her. If you choose let us know how she is doing! Happy thoughts from around the world!!! :)

Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 3:45am
post #58 of 60

ADid she sign a cake contract? If not there is nothing stopping you from canceling. Not worth the stress. Hope your daughter recovers quickly! Prayers are with her!

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 4:57am
post #59 of 60

I'm sending healing thoughts and prayers to your daughter and your whole family.  I'm so very sorry that this horrible excuse of a human being is doing this to you over a cake!  Block her and her nasty messages and turn all of your energy to your daughter, this nasty woman isn't worth one more minute of your time.  I will pray your daughter makes a quick recovery and please know all of us on CC have your back

EdieBabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdieBabe Posted 9 Apr 2014 , 5:46am
post #60 of 60

I hear you on the hard to say no front but only because I used to be that way... that's right 'used' to be until this one time a very good friend was having a heart to heart with me which I initiated.  Over a number of months she had said some things I found cryptic but also very personal... longer story, complicated but beautiful and touching etc etc.  During this talk she said "Edie Babe I have something I'd like you to do..."  to which I replied whole hearted "Sure, anything for you Jennifer" and at the time I really would have done anything she asked I was so knocked out by her kindness and wisdom... she went on "It will not be easy and you wont enjoy it at all... but I need you to do it everyday for as many days as it takes and that could be a lot...."  This changed my life for the better and everything she said about was true but I did it anyway and it was hard and lots of times it super sucked but the pay off is worth it.  So if you want to try it out maybe it'll work for you too, maybe not but no harm in trying.  The simple task is this:

Say "No" to someone once a day everyday and don't give a reason.

Obviously be respectful and do it in appropriate situations but make sure and do it once a day; more over try your best to get it in once a day.  There are days when I'd wake up and look for the opportunity just to get it over with I had so much anxiety over it.  Elation would come if a room mate would ask something simple like could they have some of my icecream or some such and I'd just no in a very plain way and walk away to avoid reaction.  Then there are the days when my one no wold be an important one, one that put me first and really spoke to a level of self care I had been denying myself for years in order to please others.  I did it for over a year before I noticed feeling comfortable saying no right off the bat without hesitation - all that said I'm not perfect at it and sometimes I back slide a bit but as soon as I notice I start the daily no practice again until I'm easy with it.  I learned so much about myself and gained too many excellent things to list here all  I can say is I highly recommend this exercise to anyone who has a hard time saying no... The way I view it now is a no to you is a yes to me and I need to be yes to me otherwise I just get worn out and nobody wins then.

Sending hugs and good healing thoughts your way - may your family move through the coming months with ease and grace and goodness untold.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%