New To Cake Central

Business By Tracey0578 Updated 6 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm by Tracey0578

Tracey0578 Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 3

I started decorating cakes almost 13 years ago. What started as a hobby and a past time is now becoming a business. I recently joined Cake Central. I have more experience with buttercream frosting, which I love. I am now expanding to Fondant. I really like it, it's fun, there is so much you can do with it.. One question I would have for those of you that have worked alot with fondant would be, what do you do to smooth the fondant when it's towards the bottom of the cake? The fondant looks like it gathers at the bottom sometimes. 

2 replies
GJsLady Posted 5 Apr 2014 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Tracey, I'm also relatively new to fondant.  I was planning to use it for the 1st time on my nephews' wedding cake last spring and I was a nervous wreck.  I found a ton of great tutorials on youtube that range from making and coloring to applying the fondant.  There is also a free mini-class on Craftsy.com on basic fondant techniques. I now LOVE working with fondant.  Hope this helps! 

Tracey0578 Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the tip. I will have to check out Craftsy.com.I actual made a cake yesterday with fondant and I am pleased with how it turned out. I think like with all things it takes practice. I'm sure overtime it get's easier, or at least I hope so. :grin: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%