Thoughts On Name

Business By 7031annie Updated 4 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm by 7031annie

7031annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7031annie Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 12:00am
post #1 of 7

I am starting to get my stuff together for our local Farmers Market. I done well with sells last year even tho I was late to start and only got two weeks in. I am so excited for it to start back next month and been given a spot. I have put a lot of thought into a descriptive name for my booth and cards I want to have made up. I want something that would be easy to remember and also help describe my goods and fact I cook from scratch. What do you think of "Scratch From the Heart" All opinions and advice welcome.:-D

6 replies
aggiewife12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiewife12 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 6:36pm
post #2 of 7

I am just starting my business as well, and naming it has not been an easy decision. I ended up going with Honey B Confections.

I feel like Scratch From the Heart doesn't really have the right "feeling" to it. It doesn't tell you that it has anything to do with food or baking. I guess I get more of a medical vibe from it. I don't know it's hard to explain.

What about Sweets from Scratch....Cakes made with love from my house to yours?

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 7

I agree w/ aggiewife...it doesn't convey edibles to me...

I honestly thought of Bon Jovi's "Shot Through the Heart" when I read it.

scorpio1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scorpio1966 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 7

How about -Baked from the Heart? I agree, that word Scratch, doesn't work very well with food. Keep trying, something will come to you!

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 7:37pm
post #5 of 7

AYeah, dang it, I just don't think of baked goods when I say that name. I love creative names too. There's gotta be something cool along those lines.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio1966 

How about -Baked from the Heart? I agree, that word Scratch, doesn't work very well with food. Keep trying, something will come to you!

Yes, I agree with scorpio    chicken scratch comes to mind.

♦  'Baked from the Heart' ♦  sounds comfy and tells you exactly what it is.....something nice from the oven.

most people don't know what baking from scratch means, as they buy their stuff in a box at the store and never bake.   Good luck and much success with your business

mb

7031annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7031annie Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 11:27pm
post #7 of 7

AThank you for the opinions, advice and suggestions. It really helped and a different point of view was just what I needed. This site rocks for getting honest answers and help. THANK YOU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%