How Do I Make A Wine Barrel Cake For 50-60 People?

Decorating By Wendy6 Updated 4 Apr 2014 , 11:40pm by Wendy6

Wendy6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendy6 Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 3:11am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to make a wine barrel cake for 50-60 people.  I have never made one like this, looking for advice.  Thanks!

5 replies
Wendy6 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 6

They also want it filled with a fruit filling.  I haven't stacked a cake like this before and really need some help, please.  Do I put a layer of buttercream over each filling so I can put cardboard between every 2 layer of cake for support, then use dowel rods??

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 6

I would actually make it two (or more)  different cakes  separated by a cake board and where they are stacked together that is where the band around the wine barrel could go.  that way they could lift one cake off the other and you'd have enough servings. 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 10:27pm
post #4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by savannahquinn 

I would actually make it two (or more)  different cakes  separated by a cake board and where they are stacked together that is where the band around the wine barrel could go.  that way they could lift one cake off the other and you'd have enough servings. 

That. Google "double barrel cake instructions" or tutorial, and get an idea from that.

Wendy6 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 11:39pm
post #5 of 6

A

Original message sent by savannahquinn

Great! Thank you so much!

Wendy6 Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 6

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

That. Google "double barrel cake instructions" or tutorial, and get an idea from that.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%