Fondant Help

Decorating By A Cake A Day Updated 3 Apr 2014 , 5:57am by A Cake A Day

A Cake A Day Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A Cake A Day Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 4

AHello fellow cakers!!! I have a bday cake coming up, and I would like to cover it in buttercream versus fondant, however it has a fondant effect in the middle of the top of the cake where it appears the pic of a boy band has ripped through the center of the cake...can I make this effect with fondant only in the center of the cake and still look good? Is there any way to do it in BC? Help please, I way overbooked myself this week/weekend...I really need to simplify![IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3214937/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

3 replies
Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 4

You can make the topper out of fondant/gumpaste and place on top of BC that has crusted.

Rosie93095 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie93095 Posted 2 Apr 2014 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 4

The best way to keep it from sinking into the BC is to put a few small dowels or straws in the center and make our topper on a disc of white chocolate. That way the fondant wont get soft if you have to decorate the cake early.

A Cake A Day Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A Cake A Day Posted 3 Apr 2014 , 5:57am
post #4 of 4

AThanks so much for the input!!! I have never really use chocolate before, I wonder if I could cover a small cake board with fondant and use the same idea with the straws?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%