Royal Roses Help Please

Decorating By Pupsimo Updated 29 Mar 2014 , 9:50pm by 810whitechoc

Pupsimo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pupsimo Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 2

So ive got to make a cake tomorrow and I wanted to make red roses, ive made roses once before with very light colouring and by pure luck of guessing the quantities, ive currently made the sponges, coated and iced them so im looking just to write and decorate on them so I looked for a royal icing recipe and found a 3 egg white to 3 cups = 675g so I tried it added my colour and a bit more icing sugar to balance and when I piped the base of my rose it just slopped, so I added more icing sugar and tried again and it failed again, I repeated this process a few more times re washing my bags each time to make sure im get the fresh batch and I got to the point where it was that thick my piping nozzle was pushed through the bag, I then binned the mix and found a new recipe 2 egg white to 700g icing sugar, I coloured it as previous and balanced it out with more icing sugar and it failed again. I really really need a recipe which will stand when using a flower nail and included food colouring.

Any tips, help or recipes are really appreciated....Thanks 

1 reply
810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 2

I don't make royal icing roses, but used search bar and found a number of threads, had a quick read and there are some useful tips and recipes there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%