Catchy Saying - Help Please! Rather Urgent

Decorating By acakedecorator Updated 28 Mar 2014 , 3:02pm by sadiep

acakedecorator Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

Hello decorators! I need your help!

I have a customer who ordered a cake for this weekend. It is for her boyfriend's 50th birthday. She is surprising him with a cruise and the cake is going to be her way of telling him; it is going to be a map of the cruise route. She would like the birthday message to be something catchy, however, the message that she said as a possibility is a play on a curse word that I have personal qualms about writing. Can you come up with any catchy birthday messages involving a cruise?

Thanks!

4 replies
RubinaD Posted 27 Mar 2014 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 5

Awhat did she come up with?

MimiFix Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 1:36am
post #3 of 5

It's the customer's responsibility to decide the message.You're a cake decorator, not a copywriter. If it's totally horrendous and against your principles, tell her no. (If you're just a bit uncomfortable, add it to the cake and know that it won't be the last time you'll be in this position.)

nanasmom Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 5

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimiFix 

It's the customer's responsibility to decide the message.You're a cake decorator, not a copywriter. If it's totally horrendous and against your principles, tell her no. (If you're just a bit uncomfortable, add it to the cake and know that it won't be the last time you'll be in this position.)

I agree with this.  I had someone request I write something on a cake that was not correct English.  It bothered me tremendously because only one word needed to be changed to make sense but this was what the person wanted so I had to go with it

sadiep Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 3:02pm
post #5 of 5

Sail away with me.

Let's cruise off into the sunset (years)

I'm cruisin' for you

Escape with me.

Anchors aweigh!

Life's a journey (enjoy every mile) (enjoy every port)

I'd rather be cruising (with you)

50's not old! The best is yet to come (in ____ place)

Happy 50th. Your ship just came in.

Happy birthday. Let's make a splash.

Just brainstorming...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%