Doctoring Up Bulk Cake Mix?

Business By KsCakes09 Updated 26 Mar 2014 , 10:28pm by kakeladi

KsCakes09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KsCakes09 Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 4

How do bakeries doctor up Bulk mixes?  I mean if you want to make a white chocolate raspberry, or banana or lemon blueberry cupcakes for example. How would you go about knowing how much to add since the base is different from the box mix you get at the grocery store where you have to add eggs, water & oil.  Thanks for any help.

3 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 4

I'm assuming you'd have to scale it down to a smaller portion and approach it from that angle. 

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 4

I used the 50# bag of Pilsbury creme cake base for muffins. I would make the small batch which starts with 10# of the base, 3# 8 oz of whole eggs, 3# of vegetable oil, and 2# 4 oz of water. It has a variety list next to the instructions. So for my banana nut muffins. After mixing I would add 2# 9 oz of of banana puree and 10 oz of nuts and fold in by hand.

To use my KA  I would divide the small batch recipe by 4 or even 5. The amount would average to about two boxes of cake mix

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 10:28pm
post #4 of 4

............ want to make a white chocolate raspberry, or banana or lemon blueberry cupcakes...........

What I did was make the 'base' cake the same and for the white choco just add grated white choco bar - how much depends on how much of the base you made.  Then use raspberry as the filling OR/and swirl in some raspberry filling into the batter.

For the banana.......that's already been addressed by another poster.

For the lemon blueberry - again how much blueberries will depend on how much batter you started out with.  For lemon, add some lemon curd & flavoring/extract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%