Would You Buy Cupcakes From A Atm?

Baking By enga Updated 29 Mar 2014 , 9:51pm by JWinslow

enga Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 18
17 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 18

Those have been around for a while...people really seem to like them.  They are baked fresh every day or every couple of days so I would assume they would be ok.

enga Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieCahill 
 

Those have been around for a while...people really seem to like them.  They are baked fresh every day or every couple of days so I would assume they would be ok. 

Wow, I guess I have been living under a rock because I have never heard of them. 

AnnieCahill Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 8:29pm
post #4 of 18

I personally think it's dumb but it's original I'll give em that.

enga Posted 26 Mar 2014 , 8:48pm
post #5 of 18

Lolz so true. I felt the same way when I saw the Cake Boss cakes in the grocery section. Id rather buy things like that from the actual bakery when looking at from a freshness point of view.

Eachna Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 11:42am
post #6 of 18

It's just like those bagel/donut/muffin plexiglass bins in 7-11. By that, I mean...you know the staff aren't baking them on site, and there's probably a delivery truck that comes around once a day/every other day.

 

I think it's a good idea if you're in the mood for a cupcake. Not everything has to be a hand-sculpted work of art. Sometimes you just want a nosh.

 

I do think the dog cup-cakes are a bit silly...but I guess that's only because I'm a cat person :D.

enga Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eachna 
 

It's just like those bagel/donut/muffin plexiglass bins in 7-11. By that, I mean...you know the staff aren't baking them on site, and there's probably a delivery truck that comes around once a day/every other day.

 

I think it's a good idea if you're in the mood for a cupcake. Not everything has to be a hand-sculpted work of art. Sometimes you just want a nosh.

 

I do think the dog cup-cakes are a bit silly...but I guess that's only because I'm a cat person :D.

;-D

-K8memphis Posted 28 Mar 2014 , 3:23pm
post #8 of 18

yes

howboutbake Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 7:49am
post #9 of 18

Personally, I would not pay 4.25 for a cupcake out of a machine.  

 

 

It's a brilliant idea though...if I had invented it I would head to Colorado as fast as I could, and plunk them down in front of all the fancy new 'dispensaries' they have :-D

MBalaska Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 8:35am
post #10 of 18

It sounds as though the ATM will be part of the cupcake store, in the same way that a cash ATM is part of the bank, so the cake would probably be rotated & stocked properly by the employees. So it would be safe, health and food safety wise.

TheNerdyBaker Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:40am
post #11 of 18

I live in Southern California and this all actually originated at the Sprinkes we have out here on Santa Monica Blvd (the original location).

 

The above poster was correct in assuming that it is located directly next to the main entrance door or the Sprinkles storefront itself.  The ATM is stocked and managed by the shop.  The big draw (and why I went and used it myself) is that the area surrounding the location has a huge club scene.

 

I waited in an hour line at almost 2am in order to use the frikkin' Sprinkes cupcake ATM.

 

The kicker?  Only had cash on me, waited in the hour line and the machine only accepted cards.  

enga Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 3:48pm
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutbake 
 

Personally, I would not pay 4.25 for a cupcake out of a machine.  

 

 

It's a brilliant idea though...if I had invented it I would head to Colorado as fast as I could, and plunk them down in front of all the fancy new 'dispensaries' they have :-D

ROTFL!!!!!

enga Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 3:53pm
post #13 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNerdyBaker 
 

I live in Southern California and this all actually originated at the Sprinkes we have out here on Santa Monica Blvd (the original location).

 

The above poster was correct in assuming that it is located directly next to the main entrance door or the Sprinkles storefront itself.  The ATM is stocked and managed by the shop.  The big draw (and why I went and used it myself) is that the area surrounding the location has a huge club scene.

 

I waited in an hour line at almost 2am in order to use the frikkin' Sprinkes cupcake ATM.

 

The kicker?  Only had cash on me, waited in the hour line and the machine only accepted cards.  

Awww man, that's messed up :sad:

JWinslow Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 5:48pm
post #14 of 18

I can understand only using a credit card.  Who's going to load the machine with bills at 2am when it runs out of bills?  I know I wouldn't wait an hour though.

-K8memphis Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 7:22pm
post #15 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNerdyBaker 
 

I live in Southern California and this all actually originated at the Sprinkes we have out here on Santa Monica Blvd (the original location).

 

The above poster was correct in assuming that it is located directly next to the main entrance door or the Sprinkles storefront itself.  The ATM is stocked and managed by the shop.  The big draw (and why I went and used it myself) is that the area surrounding the location has a huge club scene.

 

I waited in an hour line at almost 2am in order to use the frikkin' Sprinkes cupcake ATM.

 

The kicker?  Only had cash on me, waited in the hour line and the machine only accepted cards.  

 

talk about buzz kill--would make me hafta go back

 

too funny though--

enga Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 7:41pm
post #16 of 18

talk about buzz kill--would make me hafta go back

 

too funny though--

 

Haaaa haa, me too!

TheNerdyBaker Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:09pm
post #17 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWinslow 
 

I can understand only using a credit card.  Who's going to load the machine with bills at 2am when it runs out of bills?  I know I wouldn't wait an hour though.

 

Oh I totally get it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be bitter about it for the rest of my days.

 

I should have thought about it, but in my defense, I was just coming off of a night of heavy drinking XD

JWinslow Posted 29 Mar 2014 , 9:51pm
post #18 of 18

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNerdyBaker 
 

 

Oh I totally get it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to be bitter about it for the rest of my days.

 

I should have thought about it, but in my defense, I was just coming off of a night of heavy drinking XD


LOL!  ;-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%