Counting Down Now....

Decorating By lcubed83 Updated 24 Mar 2014 , 8:16pm by lcubed83

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 3

My niece's wedding is in just under six weeks!  Gumpaste flowers are underway.  Practicing covering with fondant is going well.  Hotel with kitchenette for final decorating booked.  Sending in SPS order this week. Dealing with fear of transporting 10 hours, then outdoor wedding..... 

Timeline question:  Travel day is Thursday for Saturday wedding.  I plan to have tiers baked and frozen, then fill, stack and fondant on Wednesday.  I can chill again through Thursday AM, then travel.  Do I need to pack with dry ice for travel?  Should I refrig again Thurs night?  I would like to finish most of decorating on Friday (small gumpaste flower on tiers)- can I refrig again then with dec until delivery on Saturday? 

Filling Question:  Will SMBC be OK, if I fold in jam, cinnamon or vanilla bean paste?  I just recently tried SMBC, and think it is very elegant.  I would prefer to use it rather than ABC.  My plan was to ganache the tiers for stabiity, but I want more flavor variety in the fillings. 

Plan:

1.  Vanilla with vanilla bean paste or almond emulsion added to SMBC,  WC Ganache

2.  Chocolate with raspberry jam added to SMBC,  Choc Ganache  (I guress this could be rasp emulsion if that would be better)

3.  Butter pecan or Snickerdoodle with SMBC,  Choc Ganache

I appreciate input from everyone!  

Inspiration cake from Pinterest (Pink Cake Box has a similar one, but I don't know primary to credit) :

2 replies
LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

It depends very much on your fondant, and how thickly you apply it, but I would be wary about putting different colours of ganache on the tiers - there may be a little bit of transparency and the ganache might show through - not enough that you'd notice really, but perhaps enough that you could see a slight difference in the tiers.  Am I making sense?

lcubed83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcubed83 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 3

I hadn't thought about that, thanks!  The fondant will be a very pale blue in our case.

Linda

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%