Can I Use Golden Cloud Cake Mix For A Diabetic Pls Help

Baking By tammyvv Updated 24 Mar 2014 , 10:55am by enga

tammyvv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammyvv Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 10:18am
post #1 of 3

AMy sons party is next month and 1 of his friends are diabetic and I using golden clouds chocolate cake mix to make a car cake with ganache on what can I use for the cake pop and the cake that is diabetic friendly I live in south africa please help!!! Thank you in advance

2 replies
Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 10:38am
post #2 of 3

diabetes is all about the amount of carbs you eat. The sugar is basically irrelevant. Golden cloud flour is normal white flour that raises the blood sugar levels drastically.

Im a diabetic myself and personally I would rather eat a small piece of good cake than a large piece of so-called diabetic friendly or "sugar free"  cake.

I would chat to the childs mother and see what she wants you to do, depending on his meds and his levels she might prefer him not to have cake at all.

a good alternative is to make a carrot cake and then to substitute some of the white flour for whole-wheat flour. this type of cake has the lowest impact on my sugar levels. Unfortunately none of the mixes will have "good" flour in, they all will raise blood sugar levels so if you do want to make a more diabetic friendly cake it will have to be from a proper recipe.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 10:55am
post #3 of 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakechick123 

diabetes is all about the amount of carbs you eat. The sugar is basically irrelevant. Golden cloud flour is normal white flour that raises the blood sugar levels drastically.

Im a diabetic myself and personally I would rather eat a small piece of good cake than a large piece of so-called diabetic friendly or "sugar free"  cake.

I would chat to the childs mother and see what she wants you to do, depending on his meds and his levels she might prefer him not to have cake at all.

a good alternative is to make a carrot cake and then to substitute some of the white flour for whole-wheat flour. this type of cake has the lowest impact on my sugar levels. Unfortunately none of the mixes will have "good" flour in, they all will raise blood sugar levels so if you do want to make a more diabetic friendly cake it will have to be from a proper recipe.

Great Advice! ;-D

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%