Large Cake Batter For A 3D Minion

Decorating By farheentq Updated 24 Mar 2014 , 10:31am by DaysCakes

farheentq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farheentq Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 12:38am
post #1 of 4

I need to make a 3D minion cake, and I don't want to make a lot of cakes to give the minion height. There won't be a lot of people to eat it so I don't want to waste it. Can somebody please give me ANY recipe that will make more than the standard amount of cake batter? so that i can bake it in small pans twice to have a good height for the minion?

hope you understand the question. I want a cake recipe that will make a large amount of batter. Thank you

3 replies
BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

How many people?

If you need it small, I would bake in several 4" or 6" pans and round the top one or two for the head.  Or a pyrex or stainless bowl for the top of the head.

You can double (or 1 and a half) many recipes with success.  Google "doubling baking recipes" for some tips about rules of the science of it all.

Hope that helps a little...

farheentq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farheentq Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 10:06am
post #3 of 4

thank you so much, it does :) 

DaysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaysCakes Posted 24 Mar 2014 , 10:31am
post #4 of 4

I used a basic sponge recipe and used three slightly different sized fruit cans for the minions in my avatar.  I still view them as work in progress because I hadn't baked anything for 15 years and then realised a week before my daughter and niece's birthday that they both loved Minions!  I will definitely do these again and work on improving them.  The cakes got a great reception by everyone including the restaurant where we took them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%