Rainbow Cake Disaster

Decorating By Kadins Cakes Updated 10 Apr 2014 , 4:26pm by Kadins Cakes

Kadins Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadins Cakes Posted 22 Mar 2014 , 7:53am
post #1 of 3

AToday just went terribly. The concept was to have a zebra cake, but instead of just using chocoloate and vanilla I used the spectrum of colors on a rainbow. Then I was going to fill the cake with whipped white chocolate ganache. Thats when everything went to hell. I over whipped the chocolate resulting in a red hot mess. Scavenging for ways to fix it I found that white chocolate is difficult to work with. So I opted for just plain whipped cream instead. Then it was time to put a frosting. I decided I was going to make butter cream frosting in all tgese beautiful vibrant colors and make rose swirls around the cake. But my foid coloring turned everything goopy,I fixed it by adding powdered sugar but it was a lost causr. The butter cream refuse to catch on to the cake becausr of the whipped cream, and what I ended up eith instead was a huge mess and what looked like a teracotta color. Absolutely terrible.

2 replies
doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 22 Mar 2014 , 9:04am
post #2 of 3

Aww so sorry this happened o you. There is a thread going on right now about posting your worst cake. You should go on it and see other disaster cakes. Post yours if you have a picture. It might make you feel better. ((((hugs))))

Kadins Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadins Cakes Posted 10 Apr 2014 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 3

AThanks so much!

That really lifted my spirits. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures. But when I woke up the next morning it dawned on me how I could fix the cake. This is what it ended up looking like. The concept was for paghua, a celebration for the coming of spring, in which participant throw paint at eachother. So the splattered sprinkles really caught that essence.

[IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3219148/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%