Need A Tried And True Doctored White Or Yellow Cake That Is Light And Fluffy. Not Wasc.....help Please!!!!!

Baking By cakeymom Updated 21 Mar 2014 , 8:54pm by stefkovic

cakeymom Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 5

I normally bake from scratch but I need a good light and fluffy cake, as this is not a stacked cake, for a last minute request.  For in the morning!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance,

Cakeymom

4 replies
Sassyzan Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 5

AWhat's wrong with just making a scratch cake?

cakeymom Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 5

I need something that is quick and relatively inexpensive.  A couple of boxes of cake mix, oil, eggs, etc.  with a quick mix method of dumping it in all in one bowl, mixing it, and then pour it in a pan.  This has to be ready at 8 am and I so, hence the need for something quick.  This does not count cooling, icing, and decorating.  I am doing a sheet cake to expedite the time factor.

Cakeymom

Rfisher Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 5

AEchoing the vote for a scratch cake, but what exactly what do you want doctored about it? I thought all the doctoring/ enhancing took all the fluffy out of it. Or am i wrong? If its the extender part you are interested in, I would suggest the one by bunnywoman you can search for easily. It adds no coffee creamers, puddings, sour cream nor yogurt.

stefkovic Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 5

1 box mix, 1/2 cup melted butter, 3 eggs, 1 cup whole milk, 1 tbsp vanilla, dump in bowl mix for 30 sec on low, scrap bowl, and then mix 2  to 3 more minutes on med, bake as described on box

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%