Silver Dragees?????

Decorating By cakehappymommy Updated 23 Mar 2014 , 6:51am by cakehappymommy

cakehappymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehappymommy Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 12:59am
post #1 of 4

ASo I want to make a cake for a friend and she really likes the silver Dragees. After doing some research online, I found out that 50% said it's edible and 50% said it's bad for you. So which one is it? I've seen cakes pasted with silver Dragees in weddings...do people eat them or just peel the fondant off and toss them too??? Is it ok to use a lot of Dragees to decorate a cake? Of not, will getting sugar pearls and dusting them with silver luster dust an options??? The Dragees are so beautiful though....

3 replies
Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 1:06pm
post #2 of 4

I say go with the dragees.  There is some speculation they contain bad stuff, but I think you would have to eat dragees all day everyday to get sick.  The one problem with them is that they are very hard and could cause teeth to chip or break, so it might be a good idea to warn people about biting into the dragees.  In fact, I'd be more worried about damaged teeth than any potential chemical ingredients they contain.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehappymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakehappymommy Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 6:51am
post #4 of 4

AThanks Norasmom...I actually decided to go ahead ad use then...auzzi, I had already looked at that thread before posting mine...that thread was in 2011, I figured there may be some changes in 2014...but thanks anyway...Ive decided to use them...besides, I don't think most people eat fondant so I don out they'll be eating them since they'll be adhered to fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%