Egg Yolks

Baking By 7031annie Updated 20 Mar 2014 , 10:13pm by enga

7031annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7031annie Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 4

My mom gave me a book, Betty Crockers Picture CookBook. I was skimming over it before I sit down to actually read it fully. I came across the egg tips and since I didn't know this thought I would share. It says if you separate the yolks from the whites while the egg is cold your yolks are less apt to break. Also it says to store egg yolks in a tightly covered container with water over the yolks.

I am really excited to sit and read this book. My family laughs at me and my cook book addiction. After joining CC I have noticed I am not only one who actually reads cook books as others would read the latest romance novel :)

3 replies
AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 4

AOh yes, I dislike cracking eggs that aren't cold. I always them straight from the fridge in everything too. Pffffffft. What a rebel. ;-)

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 4

7031annie you are not alone, I too share your passion of cookbooks. I am becoming a cookbook hoarder. The standing joke in my family is to take one off the shelve (any one) and I'll notice it, :lol:

Love, love, love cookbooks!!!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 4

My favorite one is a signed edition of The Store Cookbook by Bert Greene and Denis Vaughan. Their famous store In Amagansett, Long island is laced the local gossip about the summer people in the Hamptons along with some fantastic recipes. Great read!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%