Cupcake That Looks Like This! ???

Baking By LaurenSprinkles Updated 20 Mar 2014 , 2:39am by RedneckHippie

LaurenSprinkles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenSprinkles Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 10

Hi there cakers! Okay I have a question. a serious question. I have been baking cupcakes for a few years now but none of my cupcakes come out fluff. They are all very tasty, but for me, I need them to LOOK the part not just taste it. Lol, Ive attached photos for you all to see, and am wondering if any of you out there has a recipe that makes a fluffy cupcake that LOOKS like these. I am a scratch baker. And these cupcake pictures are from scratch by the way I cant believe it either they are perfectly fluffed up like a box mix!. Thank you sooo much in advance!

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

-Lauren

9 replies
CraftyCassie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraftyCassie Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 10

AI've read in a Wilton book to add a tsp or 2 of meringue powder to the batter. Seemed to "fluff" the last cake I made.

LaurenSprinkles Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 10

I will try this tonight thank you so much!

Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 10

AFluff as appearance of the dome, or fluff as the interior texture?

LaurenSprinkles Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 10

Appearance as in the dome

eatmycakebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatmycakebaby Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:46pm
post #6 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rfisher 

Fluff as appearance of the dome, or fluff as the interior texture?

Good question!

Well if you are referring to the dome mine weren't doming either, so I read on here in a post to bake at 375 for 5 minutes than 350 the rest of the way.... IT WORKS AWESOME!   I now start all my cupcakes out at 375 than I turn the oven back down to 325 for the remaining 13-15 minutes.  " 325 is a personal choice of mine it seems to leave more moisture inside of cupcakes"

LaurenSprinkles Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 10

Wow I am definitely going to try this tonight! Thank you so much! I appreciate it! Do you take them out at all or just leave them in and nock the oven temp down to 325?

7031annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7031annie Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:58pm
post #8 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmycakebaby 

Good question!

Well if you are referring to the dome mine weren't doming either, so I read on here in a post to bake at 375 for 5 minutes than 350 the rest of the way.... IT WORKS AWESOME!   I now start all my cupcakes out at 375 than I turn the oven back down to 325 for the remaining 13-15 minutes.  " 325 is a personal choice of mine it seems to leave more moisture inside of cupcakes"

I do this as well when I need them to dome and it works perfect.

eatmycakebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatmycakebaby Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 7:19pm
post #9 of 10

NOOOOOOOO DONT REMOVE THEM! 8O  lol the all caps is serious, but if you remove them half you will lose the hot air that's going to make them DOME.  After your 5 minute timer goes off just turn the oven down to 325 and let them finish baking.  I normally do about 6 minutes at 375, when Im doing batters  containing sour cream, heavy cream, cream cheese, or butter milk.  I find they don't dome as easy as my other batters and I think it maybe because they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo rich.

hope this is helpful let me know.

RedneckHippie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedneckHippie Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 2:39am
post #10 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by eatmycakebaby  hope this is helpful let me know.

It was helpful to me!  Thank you.  I haven't tried cupcakes in years and am thinking about doing some soon.  Thanks for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%