Cake Boxes

Business By Delishbydoreen Updated 21 Mar 2014 , 1:14pm by bikemom3

Delishbydoreen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delishbydoreen Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 6

I'm wondering how many different size boxes you have to keep in stock.  I usually bake a two tier 8-9 inch cake.  Mostly square, but round too.  I do cupcakes as well mostly by the dozen, and 8-9 inch pies.  I don't want to buy a ton of sizes.  Thanks in advance!  Doreen

5 replies
brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 6

AI made the decision about 6 months ago to simplify my life. All my birthday cakes, regardless of size, go on 14 or 16 inch square or round drums, therefore I only stock up on 14 and 16 inch boxes for cakes. I sell cupcakes with a 24 count minimum so only stock up on the 24 count boxes for those. I have small amounts of 6 and 8 inch boxes for smash cakes and the top tier of wedding cakes. Every now and then I will go to Big River packaging and get samples of larger or smaller boxes, but never a huge stockpile.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by brenda549 

I made the decision about 6 months ago to simplify my life. All my birthday cakes, regardless of size, go on 14 or 16 inch square or round drums, therefore I only stock up on 14 and 16 inch boxes for cakes. I sell cupcakes with a 24 count minimum so only stock up on the 24 count boxes for those. I have small amounts of 6 and 8 inch boxes for smash cakes and the top tier of wedding cakes. Every now and then I will go to Big River packaging and get samples of larger or smaller boxes, but never a huge stockpile.

me too. I have 10 inch boxes and 12 inch boxes. The 10s fit a dozen cupcakes without an insert and all the cakes go on 12 inch decorative rounds, and into the 12 inch boxes. 

Delishbydoreen Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks Brenda, so many things to consider.  I appreciate your help.:grin:

Delishbydoreen Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks so much for your help.  :-)

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 1:14pm
post #6 of 6

AI also use limited box sizes usually just cupcakes and 12" . The only others I get are from walmart for mt tiered cakes and the 12" x 12" boxes are .68 a piece

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%