Opinions On Kitchenaid 7 And 8 Quart Mixers

Decorating By kimkake Updated 19 Mar 2014 , 6:38pm by howsweet

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to hear from anyone who has the Kitchenaid 7 or 8 quart Kitchenaid mixers.    I just

burned out my 3rd Kitchenaid mixer.  My first 2 were 5 quarts, this last one was a 6 quart, and I make wedding cakes as a business and need to go to the 7 or 8 quart.   I would just like opinions from others that own them before I invest in another one of the same brand.

THANK YOU!!

4 replies
natt12321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natt12321 Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

AI can't speak of kitchen aids, but I have the Kenwood chef major pro and so far 3 years and it works as well as tbe day I got it (I also use it as a business) and my chef premier is also going strong 4 years on from purchasing it.

Maybe an idea to change brand if kitchen aids are burning out on you so frequently? Or get a small hobart? They are work horses!

BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

AI have the KA Professional 600 - 6 qt, I believe. I know that's not what you asked about, but did you have this one?

I can't say that I love it.

I hate the the whisk doesn't seem to go anywhere near the sides of the bowl. And I hate that the top doesn't flip up. So you have to unhook the whisk and take off the bowl to properly scrape the bowl. Is this true of all bigger mixers? I wish my KA classic bowls could hold more!

When the time comes, I don't think I will be buying another KA. Will look into the one mentioned above.

inkyonne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inkyonne Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 5

WOW .. I have had my KA for over 20+ years without issue.. I wonder why the newer ones are having these issues...

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 5

Because the old ones were made pretty much commercial grade and the new ones aren't.  I think 20 years ago Kitchen Aid was owned by Hobart, but the Kitchen aid division was sold to Whirlpool. Kitchen Aid sells one commercial grade mixer now, it's around $700-800 last time I priced them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%