On 3Rd Kitchenaid Mixer....what Is The Next Step Up - Tired Of Wasting Money

Decorating By kimkake Updated 19 Mar 2014 , 3:19pm by kimkake

kimkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimkake Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 6

I just burned out my 3rd Kitchenaid mixer in 9 years......I have a cake decorating business and use it everyday many times.     I really don't want to waste my money on another one that isn't going to last -- what is the next step up from that?    I know there are the large several thousand dollar mixers...but is there anything inbetween that still goes on the counter top?

Also wondering if anyone has had good luck with repairing the KA mixer through the company?

Thanks so much!

5 replies
Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 6

AWhat are you mixing up in that thing!?

kimkake Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:00pm
post #3 of 6

Haha... I used to be able to make 5 batches of frosting at a time no problem (Sharon Zambito's recipe) and now it stops on the 2nd batch.  It is overheating and I have to unplug it for several hours and let it set. 

eatmycakebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatmycakebaby Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 6

Mine is like 15 years old and I use it twice a week.  However I have never had it to overheat or act crazy........ I thought that was the beauty of kitchenaid was it never stops.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 6

the KA motor has a governor to keep that from happening. I'm wondering if the electrical in your kitchen is working properly because that's really unusual for a KA. I've had one for around 15 years and even the stiffest cookie dough hasn't caused a problem. 

KA service is usually good, but I might call them directly and ask for guidance. 

edited to add this link from "ask a kitchen aid repairman"

http://www.justanswer.com/sip/KitchenAid?r=ppc|ga|2|HI%20-%20Appliances|KitchenAid&JPKW=www%20kitchenaid&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=37000503538&JPMT=b&JPNW=g&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20120713&JPRC=1&JPOP=Colin_switcharoo_Control&mkwid=sn2LWJVQ9_dc&pcrid=37000503538&pkw=www%20kitchenaid&pmt=b&plc=&gclid=CMyMv_7xnr0CFTIV7AodSH4A4w

kimkake Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 3:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you for the info.    I did just get off of the phone with them, and I'm going to purchase a kit to send my mixer back and have it looked at.    I'm just not sure what to do in the mean time....CANNOT be without my mixer!  :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%