Ralph Lauren Polo Cake

Lounge By monique0883 Updated 18 Mar 2014 , 9:25pm by monique0883

monique0883 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 10

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

My husband's birthday is on march 24, 2014 and I want to make a cake that looks like this

1.) how do I get the matte color

2.) How do I create or obtain the sales price tag

3.) How do I create or obtain tag on inside

4.) how do I create polo horse on shirt

Thanks so much in advance

9 replies
morganchampagne Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 10

There is always more than one way to do something…but I'm going to tell you what I would do, so don't feel like this is THE way. 

1) the matte color would just come from food coloring, I would not think it would be shiny. Research about getting a red color though, some people have trouble getting red, also keep in mind red has a taste, a nasty one. Be sure you get a no taste red color

2) For the price tags, I would take an exacto knife and cut out these shapes in gumpaste, let them dry. I would get edible images made for the tags. 

3) Same way as number 2

4) Print out the logo on a piece of paper, and use it as a template to cut over gum paste with an exact knife; keep in mind that black is another hard color to get, you can buy pre made black fondant or gum paste. Which would be easier if you have little to no experience coloring fondant. 

You want to start cutting these soon, so that they can be dry for putting them on the cake. You can find edible images online, or if you have a cake decorating store they might print them. I don't mean a Michaels or Joanns. A real cake decorating store dedicated to only that. 

I hope that helps!

monique0883 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 10

Great advice... Never knew they had decorating stores dedicated to just cake and other sweets.  I live in Dallas Texas and have yet to find one. I think I can now handle the job. Thanks so much

morganchampagne Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 10

AOh I'm in Houston! I'm a member of a group of Texas bakers. I'll ask there and see if I can get some names of stores. There's some Dallas girls on there I'll see gear I can get

morganchampagne Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 7:53pm
post #5 of 10

AWhat*

monique0883 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 10

o Wow... Thanks!  Can you also find out is there a group such as your up this way?

morganchampagne Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 10

ACake carousel and all for your cakes. Those are the stores. And the group is for all Texas bakers. You can just search home bakers of Texas on Facebook. The admin is Kelly Masters she will add you

monique0883 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 10

OMG! you have been great help. I am super excited!

Claire138 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 9:06pm
post #9 of 10

You can buy a fantastic tutorial for that style shirt from The Royal Bakery - I've used it and it is brilliant. You won't regret it. You can check out her FB page, she's a real sweetheart. 

monique0883 Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 9:25pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks so much. Ill give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%