Can You Tell Me This Cake Decorating Technique, And How To Do It?

Decorating By SweetsBySindy Updated 19 Mar 2014 , 11:48pm by auzzi

SweetsBySindy Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 7


I am hoping to find out how to do the fondant technique on the top tier. Is it as simple as cutting strips, pushing down with a ball tool on the edge and pulling down a bit?

6 replies
BettyBlack911 Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 7

It's called a fondant Ruffle technique. If you google it you can find a tutorial for it online. 

SweetsBySindy Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 1:14am
post #3 of 7

AI have been searching, but everything seems to be more "ruffle-like" than this photo.

Sassyzan Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 2:23am
post #4 of 7

AScalloped strips, pull the ball tool up toward the straight edge. That's what I see. Cute!

SweetsBySindy Posted 18 Mar 2014 , 4:46am
post #5 of 7

Thank you!

LeanneW Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 7
auzzi Posted 19 Mar 2014 , 11:48pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%