Cake Mix Extender

Decorating By HotPink_LipGloss Updated 17 Mar 2014 , 8:56pm by HotPink_LipGloss

HotPink_LipGloss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HotPink_LipGloss Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 8:45am
post #1 of 6

AHello Cakers. I am 100% a from scratch baker; however, my best friend can't afford to buy a cake for a bridal shower she's throwing. She was going to make cupcakes from a box herself but I offered to do it as long as she bought the mixes. So she bought the pillsbury traditional vanilla mixes which don't have any pudding. Which cake mix extender recipe would be best for those? I've never made an extender recipe before & definitely not used to the non pudding mixes.

I am known for super moist cupcakes like when you touch them, you get butter on your finger. Does the cake mix extender yield a very moist cake? Thanks.

5 replies
vldutoit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vldutoit Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 11:42am
post #2 of 6

AI tried several doctored mix recipes without much success (they all resembled cornbread) until I tried this one that I preferred : 1 box cakeix 1 cup sifted cake flour 1 cup sugar1 tsp salt 3 tablespoon oil 1 cup eggs/egg white 1 2/3 cup milk 2 tsp vanilla Mix we'll bake at 325 for cake layers. For cup cakes maybe bump to 350 to get them to dome. The other recipes didn't have enough liquid in them for me.

vldutoit Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 11:43am
post #3 of 6

ASorry for the wonky format I am using my phone

HotPink_LipGloss Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 6

AThank

Original message sent by vldutoit

I tried several doctored mix recipes without much success (they all resembled cornbread) until I tried this one that I preferred : 1 box cakeix 1 cup sifted cake flour 1 cup sugar1 tsp salt 3 tablespoon oil 1 cup eggs/egg white 1 2/3 cup milk 2 tsp vanilla Mix we'll bake at 325 for cake layers. For cup cakes maybe bump to 350 to get them to dome. The other recipes didn't have enough liquid in them for me.

Thank you. Is this in addition to the ingredients call for on the boxed mix? Really one cup eggs?

vldutoit Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 6

ADo not mix the cake mix as directed on the box, use these ingredients instead. If my memory serves me the egg would equal 4 large eggs. I tend to use the whites in a carton

HotPink_LipGloss Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 8:56pm
post #6 of 6

AOk thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%