Looking For A Great Video One Cake Decorating I Can't Seem To Find Anywhere

Decorating By hteardrop Updated 21 Mar 2014 , 9:29pm by hteardrop

hteardrop Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 3:15am
post #1 of 6

Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help me out here. i watched a video (on youtube, I think) where this lady, in a professional kitchen baked and wrapped her cakes and froze them. then she pulled them out and rubbed off the outer layer/crumb and frosted it while it was still frozen. any suggestions welcome and thanks in advance! :D

5 replies
LeeBD Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 6

Not sure what your question is : /

AZCouture Posted 20 Mar 2014 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 6

AOh someone will recognize that. But even if not, what's your question about it, something about the method? Concerns about condensation?

hteardrop Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 11:51am
post #4 of 6

Oh, sorry.

Does anyone use this method And is it effective or will there be condensation or other issues with the finished product?

And does anyone have a link to the video? thanks

Rfisher Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 6

AHow long ago did you watch it? What did the lady look like? Did she have any regional accent, or other unique feature? Was it a series of you tube videos or one long one? Coating a frozen cake in buttercream works for some, not for others. Too many variables to give you a certain answer for you to depend on.

hteardrop Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 9:29pm
post #6 of 6

i watched it like over 2yrs ago I think don't remember many details unfortunately and that's one of the reasons why I'm having a hard time finding it. i remember her rubbing the 'brown' off her cakes and not needing to crumb coat either. maybe it was removed from youtube :?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%