Hiya, Is This The Right Place To Introduce Myself?

Lounge By Cake-sprite Updated 17 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm by Cake-sprite

Cake-sprite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-sprite Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,

My name's Jenny, I'm in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I couldn't see an 'introduce yourself' section, so I've added this here.  I hope that's ok? :oops:

I have over 16 years of cake decorating experience. I started as a trainee cake decorator for a department store and after another couple of jobs I opened my own shop.  I've not been decorating full-time for the last few years due to family illness, but I'm going back to professional decorating and doing some classes this year and I've recently started a tutorial blog to get feedback on my step-by-step guides etc.

I do lots of other crafts as well as cake decorating and I run an informal craft group with a friend. I love helping others to develop skills and gain more confidence.

My other love is my 3 beautiful sugar gliders!  I can talk about them all day! :-D

This looks like a great place to share ideas and chat.  I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

:-D

5 replies
Cakejeanie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakejeanie Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 6

Hi Jenny,

Just saw this thread. Didn't realise you were brand new to the site! Welcome to CC and thanks again for answering my PM. I've had a look at your facebook and about to check out your minion tutorial!

Have a wonderful time on the best cake forum on the planet :)

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 6

AWelcome! I love Edinburgh.

Cake-sprite Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 6

Hi again Jean,

Yes! I'm a noob. I've only been here since yesterday and I've just figured out that this is where I should say 'Hi'. :lol:

Thanks Godot. Everyone's really nice so far.  I forget what a beautiful city I live in sometimes.  It's easy to take it for granted when I look at it every day!

:-D

brendajarmusz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brendajarmusz Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 4:21pm
post #5 of 6

AHello Jenny, welcome to CC. It's great to have you and i must say i would give anything to visit your area, its been a lifelong dream for me to go to bith Ireland and Scottland, maybe one day. Lol i know it's got to be gorgeous!!! I look forward to talking with you and getting to know you and see some of your tutorials. So WELCOME! !!! :-) My name is Brenda and i live in the USA in Columbus Ohio

Cake-sprite Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 6

Hi Brenda,

Thank you!

Nice to meet you.

I've never been to Ireland and it's just a hop skip and jump away. :oops:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%