I Think My Cupcakes Are Peeing?

Decorating By jstan Updated 17 Mar 2014 , 10:55am by jstan

jstan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstan Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 2:16am
post #1 of 6

I made a cupcake cake on Thursday of 30 cupcakes I frosted them as one,then airbrushed a design on it, and sprinkled a small amount of colored sugar around the boarder. When I went to deliver it today it had a clear syrup on the cake board. Where did it come from?? My cakes have never pee-ed? When I have individual cupcakes in a box there is no pee

I don't mean to gross anyone out it wasn't pee I just don't know how it got there.

5 replies
enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 2:56am
post #2 of 6

lol, something had to make the sugar separate. what type of frosting did you use?

jstan Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 6

I used my regular frosting shortening and (powered sugar)

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 6

this thread might give you a few ideas

http://cakecentral.com/t/583551/leaking-cake

maybenot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maybenot Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 2:53am
post #5 of 6

What kind of cupcake papers did you use?  Was it refrigerated after completion? Was it covered or stored in an airtight container after completion?  Was it warm when it was being decorated?

For me, Thurs. to Sat. for cupcakes in paper liners is pretty long.  I've had the liners feel damp in that amount of time, as the moisture wicks out of the cakes.  I tend to use only the foil liners, especially when baking ahead.

jstan Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 10:55am
post #6 of 6

yes they were paper liners,also there was no refrigeration, in a covered 1/2 sheet box. I had 7 other cakes to do that's why i did them so far ahead. I will try foil and see how that goes thanks for your help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%