Camo Wedding Cake Help Needed

Decorating By TEsplin Updated 25 Feb 2016 , 4:48pm by Njewett

TEsplin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TEsplin Posted 15 Mar 2014 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride who is looking for a cake with the camo put on the cake the same as this cake copied. I am looking to see if someone can please help me know how to do this.

I really do appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Tracey

***This cake is not my creation, but the bride would like the camo to fold over and cover the cake, with the same camo design, as this cake. Thanks!

5 replies
All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 15 Mar 2014 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 6

These are Mossy Oak Frosting Sheets.  I ordered mine from Green Gables General Store.

TEsplin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TEsplin Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 12:18am
post #3 of 6

AThank you so much! Do you know how I apply them to get the circle as well as cover the top to get one continual sleek look? I really do appreciate it.

Tracey

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 16 Mar 2014 , 12:27am
post #4 of 6

That's a good question.  I just did my cake with the sheets on the sides & frosted the top since the sheets are pretty delicate.   The decorator of this cake has obviously started at the bottom & pressed them up over the edge to the top.  That's the only way I can think they did it.  It's beyond my skill level to do that without a crease here & there.  Maybe somebody with a better idea & skills will have an easier technique to try.

HomemadeSweetness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HomemadeSweetness Posted 21 Apr 2014 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 6

I just had a request for this same cake too!!!  I was searching on here to find out the same answer to your question.  Have you done this yet...any tips?  I was thinking maybe rolling out my fondant, then applying the sheets and allowing it to kinda set in keeping the fondant covered and then putting it on the cake?  Not sure if it would work but that's what I was gonna try.  The sheets soften once they're wet so maybe this would work??

Njewett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Njewett Posted 25 Feb 2016 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 6

I have friend who asked for this cake also.   Does one have idea of what size tiers are and if it's 3 or 2 inch difference between each tier?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%