Baking Cake In Advance

Decorating By Hela Updated 14 Mar 2014 , 8:43pm by kakeladi

Hela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hela Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 4:42pm
post #1 of 5

APlease help! Yesterday (wednesday) I have baked my cakes and the birthday is after 3 days (saturday).. Is this a mistake?? Or is it ok to bake the cake 3 days in advance??

4 replies
kellyk1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyk1234 Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 5

I do it all the time that way. I usually freeze my cakes and then take them out 3 days prior to the event to start filling, covering, and decorating.  The only thing I would be concerned about is if the filling and frosting are perishable and will need to be refrigerated.  I've also baked fresh on Wednesday for Saturday cakes. Hope this helps! :)

Hela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hela Posted 14 Mar 2014 , 4:52am
post #3 of 5

A

Original message sent by kellyk1234

I do it all the time that way. I usually freeze my cakes and then take them out 3 days prior to the event to start filling, covering, and decorating.  The only thing I would be concerned about is if the filling and frosting are perishable and will need to be refrigerated.  I've also baked fresh on Wednesday for Saturday cakes. Hope this helps! :)

Marielijah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marielijah Posted 14 Mar 2014 , 7:26pm
post #4 of 5

Instead of freezing, can you refrigerate the cake for a few days?  I have to make several tiers and don't have enough room in my freezer so I was thinking of baking them and then refrigerate.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Mar 2014 , 8:43pm
post #5 of 5

...........Instead of freezing, can you refrigerate the cake for a few days? ........

Not a good idea. Most (all?) refrigerators these days dehydrate to keep froze from building up and that takes moisture out of *everything* in it - even if it is covered.  It also means the customer would have 3 days less to use up a cake that usually is best for only 3-4 days.  The freezer is your *friend!*  Use it :)  Wrap that cake up in a plastic bag or plastic wrap and frz.  Take it out the night before or early in the a.m. and it will be fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%