Need Advice Please

Decorating By dgalla Updated 23 Mar 2014 , 8:53am by dgalla

dgalla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dgalla Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:59am
post #1 of 5

I am making a zombie cake due in 10 days. the zombie part will be the head and shoulders constructed from RKT and covered in fondant. I plan to do this part early to give myself plenty of time in order for it to come out good ( plus the time to redo it if the 1st one fails) I have found recipes for blood using corn syrup and food coloring, my question is will the corn syrup go bad  if put on too early? 

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 10:11am
post #2 of 5

AIt won't go bad but it will run off and pool and melt fondant becoming a nasty icky red mess.... make your fake blood and store it in a pot then pour it on just before you unveil the cake (or if you are selling this cake give the customer the blood and tell them to apply liberally just before they unveil it).

If you are happy using modelling chocolate/candy clay I'd recommend that- I find it way easier to do faces with as you can keep remodelling it once it's applied whereas fondant dries and cracks, but with only 10 days to go I wouldn't jump into using it for the first time...

Have fun :-) Looking forward to seeing your cake! Would you maybe PM me a pic if it's too scary for the galleries here?? :-D

dgalla Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 12:15am
post #3 of 5

thanks for your reply. The cake came out quite well. Everyone was very happy with it. I just posted it 

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 8:20am
post #4 of 5

AOh wow that's brilliant! Some zombie cakes are over creepy yours is perfect, I love the cold dead eyes :grin:

Great job!

dgalla Posted 23 Mar 2014 , 8:53am
post #5 of 5

thank you :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%