Starting All Over........again

Decorating By nosh Updated 12 Mar 2014 , 9:33am by nosh

nosh Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 9:14am
post #1 of 7

AHey everyone. I know that everyone starts at some point and it`s normally from scratch!!! Well I`ve been there, done that, lost everything and now I have to start all over. It`s my passion for baking and decorating which lead me to this point again, I love it and I missed it! Please, could anyone redirect me to where I could approach somebody or some organization for sponsorship...and when I say sponsorship, I`m not talking rands or dollars or, I am in need of equipment and utensils, anything that anyone might be discarding! I would also love to obtain knowledge, knowledge and more knowledge but I cannot afford to apply at baking schools...people really love my cakes and ideas...only, my resources are so limited. I genuinely need help...please.

6 replies
810whitechoc Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 9:52am
post #2 of 7

If you told everyone where you are it would help.

nosh Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 10:48am
post #3 of 7

AWell thank you for responding whitechoc! I am in Cape Town,South Africa.

810whitechoc Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 11:57am
post #4 of 7

My sister is a huge fan of "free" websites, I'm sure there must be some where you are.  The one she uses here in Australia is called which hooks you up to any recycling groups in our area, she has picked up some amazing things free.  There is also a place to post the types of things you are looking for and if other people have them they let you know, the only issue is you have to go and collect them. 

nosh Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 12:42pm
post #5 of 7

AWow, really wish I was in your area then hey lol. Yip, I will start göogling `free` ads in South Africa. When you say `place` do u mean a certain section to post this in cake central?? And if so, you`re probably right, it would have to be collected and guess who`d pitch up last??!! (laughing). Thanks for your kindness whitechoc, I wish I could upload some of my work but I am working from a `nitty witty` phone that drives me nuts, could it get any worse! Well, nevertheless, happy baking and decorating!!

craftybanana Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 12:00am
post #6 of 7

There are always websites like Kickstarter and Kiva to help raise funds (although Kiva is for helping disadvantaged people become self sustaining).  :) might be of help as well, not sure if they're outside the USA though.

edit: added freecycle

nosh Posted 12 Mar 2014 , 9:33am
post #7 of 7

AThanks crafty banana, I will try these sites anyway. I appreciate your response!!! really!

Quote by @%username% on %date%