How To Get These Ruffles...

Decorating By itssarah Updated 13 Mar 2014 , 4:09pm by itssarah

itssarah Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 4:45am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the ruffles achieved in this photo? Is it fondant, or buttercream? Sorry... I'm a newbie! Thank you in advance for the help :)



3 replies
Snowflakebunny23 Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 11:16am
post #2 of 4

At a guess, I'd say it's fondant, been rolled very thin, cut into strips, had the edges thinned and then sortof squidged and crumpled and stuck on bit by bit although I've never really seen anything done like that to such an extent.  Seriously time consuming but very effective!  Maybe someone else has tried it before and is in a better position to help?

A Cake A Day Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 2:56pm
post #3 of 4

That could be a stiff buttercream piped on in layers with maybe a leaf tip?

itssarah Posted 13 Mar 2014 , 4:09pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you! 

I guess I'll have to just experiment and see what works :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%