Pricing Vintage Cupcakes!

Baking By bakingwithtaqwa Updated 11 Mar 2014 , 2:04am by AZCouture

bakingwithtaqwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingwithtaqwa Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 4

I've gotten a request for 12 cupcakes in this style (this is the screenshot she sent me) and have no idea how to price these!! Keeping in mind I've just started out recently and probably have to buy a lot of the tools I know I'm not going to make much if any profit off of them I just have no clue what to charge! 

3 replies
Rfisher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rfisher Posted 10 Mar 2014 , 9:56pm
post #2 of 4

AWhatever you would charge for your 'standard' cupcakes plus the additional labor for actually making these ones will take you. I doubt you'll be able to charge them for your practice runs, tools bought specifically for these. Practice time and tools are an investment in your business/craft, no? Good luck, looks like fun!

bakingwithtaqwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingwithtaqwa Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 12:18am
post #3 of 4

Lol I guess what makes this more difficult is I don't even have a base price for my cupcakes. I had started my business in Egypt so the pricing there for everything is so different! Yea I definitely agree practice time and tools are an investment which is why I'm not expecting to make much profit immediately off this order. I was wondering more so for when/if I get an order like them again. Thanks a lot for your advice! 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 11 Mar 2014 , 2:04am
post #4 of 4

AYeah, you'll spend more on the brooch molds and sugarveil mat than the customer will pay for the whole order I'm betting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%