sugarbabygirl Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 1:36am
post #1 of

i feel in the kind sharing mood, i found an AMAZING snicker doodle/dark brown sugar recipe!!! my gluten-free dad ate one, and then 9 more, they are that good!!!!

 

http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/12/20/chewy-brown-sugar-cookies/

 

no mixer required! just 2 bowls and a spoon!!! so easy, so good!

6 replies
MimiFix Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 2:07am
post #2 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbabygirl 
 

my gluten-free dad ate one, and then 9 more, they are that good!!!!

 

The recipe you linked to uses all-purpose flour. Did you tell him?

sugarbabygirl Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 9:02pm
post #3 of

yes i did, i said "it has gluten in it daddy." and he said "just one bite." then he ate more because they were so good. hes not allergic to it, its just a fad diet. hes lost 30 pounds in 2 months! :)

AZCouture Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 11:30pm
post #4 of

A

Original message sent by sugarbabygirl

yes i did, i said "it has gluten in it daddy." and he said "just one bite." then he ate more because they were so good. hes not allergic to it, its just a fad diet. hes lost 30 pounds in 2 months! :)

Exactly why I don't take on gluten free. Can't think of a way to say "so are you really celiac, or are you just having fun with the latest little fad, because I'd rather not freak out and be super vigilant about cross contamination if you're just gonna eat a donut later" without sounding like a jacka@#.

howsweet Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 4:17am
post #5 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZCouture 


Exactly why I don't take on gluten free. Can't think of a way to say "so are you really celiac, or are you just having fun with the latest little fad, because I'd rather not freak out and be super vigilant about cross contamination if you're just gonna eat a donut later" without sounding like a jacka@#.


Same here. And I don't do allergies - whenever someone says no peanuts, I explain that there's a chance a tiny bit of peanut could somehow get into the batter and recommend they find someone with a dedicated allergy free kitchen. (Even though it couldn't) Usually the allergy suddenly becomes a non issue. Actually, I think every single time. Not that there aren't people out there with peanut allergies, of course.

MimiFix Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 12:46pm
post #6 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsweet 
 


Same here. And I don't do allergies - whenever someone says no peanuts, I explain that there's a chance a tiny bit of peanut could somehow get into the batter and recommend they find someone with a dedicated allergy free kitchen. (Even though it couldn't) Usually the allergy suddenly becomes a non issue. Actually, I think every single time. Not that there aren't people out there with peanut allergies, of course.

 

Ditto. SAME HERE!! Customers would come into my bakery and start grilling me about the allergy du jour. My response was always the same, that we use many ingredients that had the potential for cross contamination. Their response was also always the same. "Oh, okay, it doesn't really matter." 

 

This little exchange was annoying enough when it was confined to peanuts, soy, dairy. But the gluten-free fad is worse in several ways. 

gemmal Posted 4 Apr 2014 , 12:56pm
post #7 of

Thank you! Looks stupidly tasty, I know what I'll be doing this weekend... =] x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%