Cake Flavor And Filling. Does This Sound Like It Would Be Good???

Baking By cakeymom Updated 8 Mar 2014 , 4:53am by cakeymom

cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 8

I am doing a cake for my sister for this Saturday.  Tell me if this sounds good to you???

Red velvet cake with a strawberry cream cheese filling covered in white chocolate ganache??

Cakeymom

7 replies
Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 8

ANo, it does absolutely not sound good at all.

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 8

Sounds pretty good to me, although I might go with a plain cream cheese buttercream instead of the strawberry. But, then again, sugar is my favorite flavor so I may not be a suitable benchmark.

cakeymom Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 8

Ok, how about a strawberry swiss meringue for the filling and for it to be iced in.  I am trying to add some flavor since red velvet cake is not a flavor.

Cakeymom

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 1:38am
post #5 of 8

AAlso fine. I personally love any and all things cream cheese so it really would be fine, too. Like you said, red velvet doesn't have a distinct flavor so it's really fairly neutral ground. And the white chocolate ganache plays well off anything other than French fries. :)

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 8

Why not just make something besides red velvet?

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 8

One of my family's favourite red velvet cake is to use cream cheese icing as filling but to also add fresh raspberries and blueberries in between each layer. I ice the whole cake in cream cheese icing as well. 

cakeymom Posted 8 Mar 2014 , 4:53am
post #8 of 8

AI made the cake layers earlier in the week so I was committed to red velvet. But I just finished filling and icing the cake. I ended up making a SMBC. For the filling I added pulverized freeze dried strawberries. It is yummy and this way there was no chance of watering down that luscious SMBC that I worked so hard on. Then I iced it with the vanilla flavored SMBC. It will be simple design. The color of the icing is a soft pale mint green and I have one:-) wafer paper rose that is 3 1/2 inches in diameter. I'll post my picture.

Thanks for the advice.

Cakeymom

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%