Edible Glitter?

Decorating By mandyrangel Updated 18 Jun 2014 , 6:15am by cindychavez

mandyrangel Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 3:59am
post #1 of 8

I would like to make these lovely cupcakes for a fundraiser event. Does anyone know where I can find edible glitter like this?

Thanks in advance! :)

7 replies
natt12321 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 10:22am
post #2 of 8

IMO it looks like non-toxic glitter not edible glitter. I might be wrong, but it's what it looks like to me.

morganchampagne Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 8

ALook into chef rubber, metallic gold edible glitter. I haven't used it personally but a lady on here says she did and really liked it.

maybenot Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 12:26am
post #4 of 8

AUnfortunately, the picture shows food covered with PLASTIC craft glitter. Looks nice, but you can't eat it.

There is no edible product that will give you that exact look, but sanding sugar mixed with gold airbrush color and some edible gold dust (crystal colors from sugarpaste.com) will work great.

gscout73 Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by maybenot 

Unfortunately, the picture shows food covered with PLASTIC craft glitter. Looks nice, but you can't eat it.

There is no edible product that will give you that exact look, but sanding sugar mixed with gold airbrush color and some edible gold dust (crystal colors from sugarpaste.com) will work great.

Ditto, that looks like craft glitter, and I would not put that anywhere near food!! :o

AZCouture Posted 7 Mar 2014 , 11:35pm
post #6 of 8

AThere's just nothing that will give you that sheen thatis edible unfortunately. You could gild a thin strip of fondant or wafer paper with gold leaf, and punch out tiny little circles, but that would be nearly ridiculous.

gscout73 Posted 8 Mar 2014 , 7:34am
post #7 of 8

I keep looking at that pic and wonder, "What was this person thinking?" :duh:

cindychavez Posted 18 Jun 2014 , 6:15am
post #8 of 8

AWhere is the best place to buy edible glitter?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%