Whipped Ganache Under Fondant

Decorating By Pria Updated 12 Jul 2014 , 7:10am by MondvolTaart

Pria Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 12:47pm
post #1 of 5

AHi All ...

I have a client who does not like buttercream. I have been reading a few posts which states that whipped ganache is a good alternative.

I have never used it and I have a few questions :

1. Does the whipped ganache stay soft or does it firm up considerably ?

2. Does it cause blow outs or bulges in the cake because it has been whipped ?

3. If it does, how can I make ganache so that it is not runny but remains soft when iced on a cake and has fondant over ?

Your help is appreciated.

4 replies
Crazy-Gray Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 5

AIt's great I use it all the time! It does firm up considerably but you can either reduce the amount of chocolate you use and/or you can beat in good butter once it's cooled.

Keeping your cake at room temp helps stop bulges particularly with whipped ganache as of course a lot of air is added.

mizzgee84 Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:19am
post #3 of 5

AI really want to know too how long can a fondant cake filled with whipped ganache stay out I was planning on making it a night before

Smckinney07 Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:35am
post #4 of 5

She has video tutorials for making ganache, covering & filling a cake, then adding fondant. You will love using ganache!

It can stay out overnight. It should be a peanut butter consistency when spreading, it will firm back up but you can microwave it for a bit and stir to get back to the consistency you want. I personally haven't used whipped ganache but you'll be able to use it quicker if you whip it, rather then letting it setup the way I do, either is fine.

It does form a nice shell. I like to let my cake setup overnight with the ganache covering it then cover with fondant the next day.

MondvolTaart Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 7:10am
post #5 of 5

AI have learned that Michelle's ganach has to be refrigerated because of the cream. But I make mine in a pot on the stove. Once the cream has been heated over 80 degrees celsius you can keep it out of the fridge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%