How To Reach Hard Cream Cheese Frosting Or Buttercream Frosting.?

Baking By Anna1211 Updated 6 Mar 2014 , 7:34pm by W3ndy8ird

Anna1211 Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 8:46am
post #1 of 4

Hi guys

Planning to deliver 200 cupcakes to my daughters best friends birthday party next week! Can you guys advise me how i can actually get frosting to crust? I notice when cupcakes are crust, they are easier to deliver because the frosting is more stable. Such as the ones at Sprinkes Cupcake and Sift cupcake. Their frosting is very hard and stable. What is the key ingredient? Any recommendation or recipe you can refer to me?  Thank you so much for your time!

3 replies
W3ndy8ird Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 4

AAs far as buttercream goes, you can sub crisco (shortening) for the butter in the recipe and that'll make it crust. There's a great crusting buttercream recipe on this site that I've used before and liked...

Anna1211 Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the awesome link Wendy! I just checked it out and it looks amazing. I never seen a recipe use corn starch before. Do you know what the use is for it? What type and brand shortening do you use? Thank you! Looking forward to make this.

W3ndy8ird Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4

AI just used crisco shortening, out of the tub. The cornstarch in frosting helps stabilize, as well as thicken it up. If you do use all shortening, make sure not to skip the butter flavor, it will need it (in my opinion lol). But it is a really good recipe! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%