Tiered No-Bake Cheesecakes?????

Decorating By nosh Updated 3 Mar 2014 , 11:21pm by leah_s

nosh Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 8

AHi all-can somebody please tell me how this is possible. A couple wants a 3 tiered no-bake cheesecake for their wedding 2 months from now, by then winter would have started....thank goodness. They want it covered/wrapped with chocolate collars, whic is perfect. My concern is, how am I going to stack them??? can these even be dowelled as there would be no actual cake layers, just the creamy filling. help!!!!!

7 replies
costumeczar Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 8

I've done tiered cheesecakes before, but I have no idea what a no-bake cheesecake is like. You could do it as long as the support system is secure enough to hold itself up without having to rely on the cheesecake itself.

as you wish Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 12:39am
post #3 of 8

AIs this the "no-bake cheesecake" that I remember from childhood that is made with cream cheese and cool whip? (The stuff that made me think I hated cheesecake!) If it is, I don't see how that could work. It gets so soft at room temperature that it wouldn't even hold supports in place.

nosh Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 8

AHi and yes lol its exactly that kinda cheesecake. i was thinking since no bake cheesecakes has a thick biscuit base, it would work well with the dowells and floppy cakeboards???? the flavours are dark choc and white choc respectively so maybe a thin sheet of modelling chocolate for top covering which wil giv it a firmer stacking system? (i hope I`m making sense, alternatively I wud suggest to the bride to opt for 3 single tiers instead which could still be beautifully decorated!

leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 8

SPS.

I'd be much more worried about the food safety factor than the stacking.

nosh Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 8

AOh yeah! very important. i strongly feel that the bride should opt for single decorated cheesecakes displayed at different heights. what do you think?

as you wish Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 8

AYes, I agree. I would be steering the bride towards something like this: [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3196711/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

leah_s Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 11:21pm
post #8 of 8

AI've always refused to do wedding cheesecake. Remember the four hour rule.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%