Edible Image Printer Help

Decorating By sleepy20520 Updated 3 Mar 2014 , 3:30am by hbquikcomjamesl

sleepy20520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepy20520 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 4

So i know there have been lots of old posts on here about this subject.  Ive looked at the list of compatible printers on KopyKakes and on IcingImages.  Ive googled and searched and searched some more for all the models on there.  Im not sure if there is something im missing.  I keep reading these posts from people saying they got this printer for only $50 or that printer for only $80....most of the printers on their list are either out of stock everywhere, discontinued, or are $300+.  I already own a nice printer, i just need one for printing edible images (not to be used with regular ink), so I dont want to spend another small fortune on a printer for this.

Id prefer Canon just because of what ive heard about the printhead being removable.  can any one advice me where i can get one on the cheaper end?

3 replies
gingerbreadtogo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerbreadtogo Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 4

Wow, the prices have really gone up. I previously bought 3 canon ip3600 printers from Amazon for $74. It is now $320.

Not sure what changed. Sorry for you, very frustrating.

sleepy20520 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleepy20520 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 4

i thought i was missing something or losing my mind lol.  where are all these cheap printers!?!?!

Walmart had one of the canons on the list for $80 but its sold out.  I didnt want an Epson because ive heard Canon is better but there are lots of the Epson available for $50-70 soooo guess thats the route im going.  And Ill just hope it doesnt break ...even still i could buy 5 Epsons for the price of one Canon-ill take my chances lol

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 3 Mar 2014 , 3:30am
post #4 of 4

AMaybe they've gone up because manufacturers are finally abandoning the "razor-and-blades" business model (in which they sell printers at a loss, in order to sell ink at a high markup)?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%