Who Said Cake Surfaces Must Be Kept Smooth And Free Of Wrinkles?

Lounge By peppercorns Updated 30 May 2014 , 4:42am by enga

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

AWhy not a cake that looks " messy" and yet elegant? A cake that will draw my eyes to it and buy it without thinking of calories!

4 replies
Faradaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faradaye Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 3:13am
post #2 of 5

It's all a matter of personal taste.  If you like the way 'it' looks, whether 'it' is smooth, messy yet elegant, or simply a hot mess, no-one can argue with that.

If you can find a market of like minded people, more power to you.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 3:56am
post #3 of 5

This thread heading made me laugh out loud. When I first started baking my greatest achievement was to get the perfect swirly pattern like the cake on the cake mix box, now I drive myself half crazy to get them perfectly smooth. Go figure :roll: 

I love rustic cakes but they even come with a set of standards :???:

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 30 May 2014 , 4:30am
post #4 of 5

A

Original message sent by enga

This thread heading made me laugh out loud. When I first started baking my greatest achievement was to get the perfect swirly pattern like the cake on the cake mix box, now I drive myself half crazy to get them perfectly smooth. Go figure :roll:  

I love rustic cakes but they even come with a set of standards :?

you are totally right. I have seen a lot of these pictures in CC gallery, oh they look sooooo pretty.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 30 May 2014 , 4:36am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorns 

Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

This thread heading made me laugh out loud. When I first started baking my greatest achievement was to get the perfect swirly pattern like the cake on the cake mix box, now I drive myself half crazy to get them perfectly smooth. Go figure icon_rolleyes.gif  

I love rustic cakes but they even come with a set of standards icon_confused.gif
you are totally right. I have seen a lot of these pictures in CC gallery, oh they look sooooo pretty.

IKR, I love unique cakes! Rustic cakes are one of my favs!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%