The Cupcake Market

Baking By rvanallen Updated 2 Mar 2014 , 8:32pm by rvanallen

rvanallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvanallen Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! 

So, what's your take on cupcakes?

Do you think that the cupcake craze is just a fad? Or do you think that cupcakes will be around for a while?

If you're a business owner, how well are your cupcakes selling?

Thanks for your feedback!

3 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 4

I don't love cupcakes.  They are supposed to be "finger" food, but they the way icing has morphed into giant swirls on top, who could eat them without a fork?

I like mini cakes (bundtlettes, petit fours, 3" rounds) but just not in cupcake form.  It is hard to call them a passing fad when they have been around for decades, but the idea of a cupcake-only shop may be just a trend.

Liz

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

I don't love cupcakes.  They are supposed to be "finger" food, but they the way icing has morphed into giant swirls on top, who could eat them without a fork?

I like mini cakes (bundtlettes, petit fours, 3" rounds) but just not in cupcake form.  It is hard to call them a passing fad when they have been around for decades, but the idea of a cupcake-only shop may be just a trend.

Liz

I was thinking the same thing...... it's the shop that may be the trend.

(I do LOVE cupcakes, and even with a small amount of icing on my cupcakes, I find myself eating cupcakes with a fork at home. I thought that I was the only one.)

rvanallen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvanallen Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the feedback Liz and MBalaska!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%