Cakespirations Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 10:48pm
post #1 of

AGBAY!!!!

 

I spend so much time leveling cakes. I am super fast with everything else but Lord, leveling a cake drives my OCD into hyperspeed. I figured the time I will save in this will totally pay for it in the long run!! I just wanted to say how super duper crazy happy I am about this.... Everyone else in my life thinks it is ridiculous.

 

:)

17 replies
musicmommy1 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 11:04pm
post #2 of

I. AM. JEALOUS!! LOL Don't pay attention to everyone else. That's an awesome purchase. I'm dying to order one myself. Hopefully I can one day soon. Congrats and enjoy!!!!!!

DeniseNH Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 11:10pm
post #3 of

Honestly, after you use it just once you'll want to kiss it before putting it away.  I talk sweetly to mine and thank her often.  What a great timesaving invention.

MBalaska Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 11:13pm
post #4 of

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakespirations 
 

AGBAY!!!!.............Everyone else in my life thinks it is ridiculous..

 

Congratulations.  ♦ Remember it is sharp ♦  Your cakes are beautiful so that's proof that you know what you are doing and will make wise choices about what to purchase for your decorating.

 

{You can listen to everyone else after they spend a few days washing your cake dishes for you.}

Cakespirations Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 3:07pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBalaska 
 

 

CongratulationsRemember it is sharp ♦  Your cakes are beautiful so that's proof that you know what you are doing and will make wise choices about what to purchase for your decorating.

 

{You can listen to everyone else after they spend a few days washing your cake dishes for you.}

 

I have a friend of mine who said for the first handful of times she used it she cut herself, no matter how careful she was. I figure I will have band-aids and gloves ready, If I can cut myself on cake boards all the time, I can cut myself on this thing. I am still however super excited!!! Blood and all lol!

 

edited for spelling

DeniseNH Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 3:18pm
post #6 of

Seriously?  I've had mine for about 10 years now and I swear that I have NEVER cut myself - even once.  She must be doing something terribly wrong.  Is she trying to clean the blade from the cutting side of the blade and not the back side of the blade.  Or resting her hand on top of the cake to cut through -   then forgetting to remove her hand as the blade comes through the cake.  I honestly don't understand why she has been cut.  Hundreds of decorators use this wonderful product each day - without a band-aid in site.  Is she Klutzy in nature or high strung and a little spastic or prone to saying something happens to her ALL the time, when in fact it may have happened only once?    Don't mean to berate your friend but her comment doesn't make sense.

Cakespirations Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 3:29pm
post #7 of

I am going to ask her that. I have no idea how she cuts herself. The comment was made in passing when I said I had finally bitten the bullet and bought one. She expressed how it was crazy sharp and for the first few times had cut herself. And to beware of the ease of doing so.

JanDunlevy Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 4:38pm
post #8 of

ABest purchase I ever made! Only cut my self the first time I used it. Fast learner, I got my fingers out of the way the next time.

liz at sugar Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 4:50pm
post #9 of

It is great.  You will love it!

 

Liz

kazita Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 5:10pm

AI had mentioned it once to my husband months before our anniversary. ..and low and behold best hubby in the world surprised me with it...best gift ever!!

Apti Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 5:32pm

First, a review of your gallery shows you have exceptional skills.

 

Second, You are gonna kick yourself a 1,000 times for not buying this years ago.  Forgive yourself.  With gorgeous cakes like yours, this isn't just a cake tool, it is going to be your most favorite thing of all time.

 

Third, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! big, giant, Agbay hugs to you and your new baby.:party:

JWinslow Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 5:44pm

Congrats!  You're going to LOVE it!

natt12321 Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 6:42pm

AOh my gosh I just googled this thing. I need one!

Claire138 Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 8:56pm

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you - I know I don't know you but I bought my in the Birmingham show and every time I use it, I want to kick myself for not buying it sooner. It is essential imo. Although I will add, be CAREFUL, I am not clumsy or spastic or anything else suggested but have needed stitches: a few weeks back I sliced through the top half of my finger. It is very, very sharp. 

I'll also add what a pleasure it is dealing with the equipe of Agbay - Maureen is really sweet and so helpful. 

 

Enjoy;-D

Cakespirations Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 2:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claire138 
 

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you - I know I don't know you but I bought my in the Birmingham show and every time I use it, I want to kick myself for not buying it sooner. It is essential imo. Although I will add, be CAREFUL, I am not clumsy or spastic or anything else suggested but have needed stitches: a few weeks back I sliced through the top half of my finger. It is very, very sharp. 

I'll also add what a pleasure it is dealing with the equipe of Agbay - Maureen is really sweet and so helpful. 

 

Enjoy;-D

 

I hope you are healed!!!!!

 

I wanted to add that Maureen is a PEACH!!! OMGoodness she was so super helpful and sweet, not to mention I ordered it late in the day and got an instant response. Then I responded back and she kept helping me late into the evening with shipping info... Was super stoked. I would have been fine if she had responded in the morning. Amazing customer service!! USPS says it will be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! Swoon!!!

cazza1 Posted 1 Mar 2014 , 3:48am

As a hobby baker I have no need to save time levelling but I still bought an Agbay.   Love, Love, Love it.  Still get excited using it a year on and have even been known to cut up cupcakes with it just for sheer joy (Yeah, I know, SAD).  Have never cut myself once with it.

Cakespirations Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazza1 
 

As a hobby baker I have no need to save time levelling but I still bought an Agbay.   Love, Love, Love it.  Still get excited using it a year on and have even been known to cut up cupcakes with it just for sheer joy (Yeah, I know, SAD).  Have never cut myself once with it.

 

you know I am going to have to cut up a cupcake now.

Claire138 Posted 2 Mar 2014 , 5:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakespirations 
 

 

you know I am going to have to cut up a cupcake now.

 

I wouldn't dare but let us know how it goes :wink:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%