Could You Help Me With Some Ideas ?

Decorating By h2o_db Updated 27 Feb 2014 , 12:55pm by cazza1

h2o_db Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h2o_db Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all, 

So here's the deal I would like to enter for the first a cake contest but I'm having some difficulties finding ideas. 

For this contest I have to make minimum a 3 tier cake on the theme "Belgium" 

When you hear this what comes to mind for you?What would you do

How do you design a sketch to find your ideas and so that they all go well together?

for info, I'm a hobbyist, I work full time with various hour shifts and here we can't find much supplies...

Thank you all in advance for your help.

4 replies
BeesKnees578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeesKnees578 Posted 26 Feb 2014 , 9:29pm
post #2 of 5

Architecture, art pieces/artists, and native flowers normally translate well onto cake.

Not that I have done this, but you could measure the circumference of the cakes you are using with a string or cloth measuring tape.  Use craft paper or tape regular paper end to end til you get the length you measured for the circumference.  Also, how tall will it be?

Sketch out where you want things to go and make sure it all fits.

Just a thought that I assume would work.

h2o_db Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
h2o_db Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 7:45am
post #3 of 5

thank you very much for your ideas!!! I was thinking of doing a silhouette of some famous buildings, doing something a bit "art nouveau" and some sort of lace and having 3 flowers to do the colors of the flag. 

but when I ask for some ideas to colleagues and such they're saying french fries, mussels, chocolate, waffles... so i was a bit loss...

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 8:31am
post #4 of 5

AAgatha Christies poi rot always makes me think of Belgium......him and the well paid jobs worthy who make up the eu. Art nouveau would look good on a 3 tier cake.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 27 Feb 2014 , 12:55pm
post #5 of 5

My daughter spent a year in Belgium as an 'Au Pair' and she said that you should put 'Manneken Pis' on your cake.  She said that they dress him up in different costumes at different times of the year and you could incorporate this into the design.  You could handpaint him on or make little models of him.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%